Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
I have a '03 ZX-6R...And a few times while switching gears the clutch would make a crazy loud rattling sound, as if it was stuck in between gears....It basically sounds like if you put a stick in a rotating fan....Is that normal or does anyone know what I'm talking about??? Also what is blipping the throttle and what is it used for or when is a good time to do it????
Thanks everyone, I appreciate it!!!!;)

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Don't know about the clutch thing, but blippin is matching your engine speed with your tire speed with each down shift. Do a search and you will find a lot of info...

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
I get the clutch rattle also and it seems to be exactly what you said. Just press the clutch in and try to pop it hard into gear. I usually pop it one gear up. I'm scared what might happen if I do it down.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I get that same thing on mine. I have problems getting it to shift into first gear sometimes also, like the shifter will go down but it will just not kick into gear. The main time I get the cluctch rattle though is when I am really balls to the wall in first gear and then try to shift to second, then it is BAD. I wonder, how bad is this for our bikes and what in the world causes it?

·
Registered
479 Posts
Originally posted by nazarah

I get that same thing on mine. I have problems getting it to shift into first gear sometimes also, like the shifter will go down but it will just not kick into gear. The main time I get the cluctch rattle though is when I am really balls to the wall in first gear and then try to shift to second, then it is BAD. I wonder, how bad is this for our bikes and what in the world causes it?

/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7158

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.