Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today i recived aftermarket levers that i bought online i installed them and they fit perfectly, but i noticed about 6-7 times after i rode the bike that the clutch is slipping, i mean when i go hard on the gas from about 4-5k rpm the rpm goes all the way almost to the red zone, and when i release gas for a sec an go hard again it goes and accelerates like it should..
I adjusted it with that cable thing at first but the clutch was to far out so i had trouble to get it, and it released allmost at the end , later i readjusted the clutch cable and it fit perfectly let almost as it did beafore ( not gr8 but good) but then this started to happen.... Is there a was i can fix it, it was working fine beafore i installed them..

·
Registered
150 Posts
Cable adjustment is critical - but also ensure that your levers are able to return "home" fully with some slack in the cable.

I'm or sure which levers you have installed, but there are some eBay style levers that do not always return fully home, especially when the adjuster on the lever is in the 1,2,3 position.. Be critical of your install and your owns adjustments, look hard and long at the operation to track down what is not adjusted or not returning correctly...

If you have eBay levers, just a hint - on two different model bikes i have installed them on, I have had to pull out the small return spring and stretch it out to have the lever return firmly to the home position..

·
Registered
246 Posts
Dzony, check your front brakes for rubbing. There have been multiple reports of the brakes rubbing after installing these levers. When I first installed mine they where fine, but after rebuilding the calipers and bleeding the lines mine where rubbing also.

ScottiJT, good tip man!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think i've hear like brake is on but i think that's my place cause there should be replaced soon and i hear that beafore installing, il do complete check of the bike tomorrow, new problem appear after i isntalled the leavers but i dopubt it has anything to do with it. My battery ran out after riding, and after recharge and few rides same thing, battery gets empty. Recharged it like 3 times and after riding is back to charger, even after riding for about 30 km, and i turn of bike for like 30 sec it wont start, than i go push start....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts