Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was riding my '03 the other day and when I shifted at around 11k rpm from 1st to 2nd and from 2nd to 3rd it felt like the clutch slipped. I was on a straight road pulling a hill. I have adjusted the clutch a slight bit but haven't had the chance to test it yet. Has anyone else experienced this? Any advice or comments will be appreciated.

·
Registered
512 Posts
i have the same problem under different cicumstances though, while trying to get the bike up in the third, i pretty much the clutch slips and sorda just eases in in third, even when popping the clutch, but in second hits hard and the bike lifts easily, haven't tried fourth since I can't get it up in 3rd yet.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Andy,
At the moment I am running Susuki 10w-40 that the dealer recommended. I am going to try the Shell Rotella 15w-40 next. I have read good things about it.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I am running redline synthetic, a little expensive I think I will go for the moble 1 next, save myself some dough.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
You might want to try a different oil next time and see if that helps, you really shouldn't be getting a clutch slippage unless you have really beat the bike up...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.