Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
about how long do clutches last. its an 01 6r wil 3500 miles...Not very abusive riding seldom burnouts occasional launces and i always give it gas when downshifting before i let out the clutch. Its not slipping but i only have about 1/4-1/2 inch of movement on the clutch lever in which it actually engages. Normal?

·
Registered
128 Posts
When was the last time you adjusted the cable? Check this first. If that is alright the next question would be how hard to you lauch it? My buddy lauches his quite often and it resulted in a clutch replacement, then again another one friend does the same and he is good for 7000 plus.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
thats sounds more like your cable needs adjustng...and I dont think there is alot of movement when the bike is new...my 02 zx-6r has about the same movement as you and I like to think I'm pretty easy on my clutch...but I do have 7600 miles on my bike....

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
I drag, clutch wheelies,and have 13,000 miles on my original clutch. 2001 zx9 though. Adjust your cable tensioner!!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
when you say adjust my clutch cable what do u mean. I adjusted the screw right by my clutch lever. Is there another adustment. Im also 220 lbs. would my weight have any significant effect on clutch wear.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
i don't think your weight has a effect...and adjusting the screw by your lever is what rob meant

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
There are two adjusters for the clutch cable, one at the handlebar, and the other at the clutch cover. If you have the owners manual that came with the bike, the instructions are in there.

BC.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.