Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
antother thing??????????
what is the trick to doing a good endo or stoppie
do i have to stand up before i hit my front brake or is it better to sit down?? tips please and thanks!!!

·
Registered
768 Posts
Step 1: Buy a bike you don't mind dropping

Step 2: Look down and find a pair.

I'm sure whatever you're doing is right, but just not enough of it.

You don't even have to move to do a stoppie. Just have warm tires, a flat road, and no fear. Just pull in the brake until your front compresses as far down as you can go and then when you've just about stopped grab a big handful. The back will come up about 3 inches. Then work on it from there until you're comfortable.

Darkdan...comfortable enough with his manhood to ride a 600.
http://danellyn.thedarktruth.com/theory.swf

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Everyone has their own way of doing this. But everyones way is pretty much the same. RPMs are pretty much the only differences. I position myself so my butt is just about touching front of rear seat. This is to get my weight closer to rear axle to make it easier on the bike. The less weight you have over the front the easier it is for the bike. Next, I get the Rs up to 5k. The next step is pretty much one quick action. I nail the throttle (wide open), pull clutch in (slightly, just enough to keep momentum and raise the Rs up to 7 or 8k), release clutch, and the front comes up. Once the front comes up and I am near balance point I ease off throttle and only use what throttle I need to keep it there (which is something I still have not mastered). Just remember, no snatching on the bars, no bouncing, and if you clutched too much and you think you are going to loop it back off the throttle, just dont slam the front down. Always give a bit of throttle b/4 front tire hits. Quick tips; make sure you get the throttle wide open and only use 2 fingers closest to thumb for clutch. Hope this helps. If I missed something, let me know.[:p]

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks alot melloyellow im gonna work on that
just a couple of things
when i pull in the clutch i usually come off the throttle, are u telling me to stay on the throttle as im pulling in the clutch? then realeasing the clutch???

and anothe thing when im switching to second doing a wheelie in first i sometimes hit nutural does that happen to u and if it does, does that do any damage to my gears or anything???

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How the hell do u clutch in second
i can do a power no problem in first and even change to second and i wanna try clutching it but i cant even get a little skip can anyone help tips,rpms,?????????

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Yes, stay on the throttle. You want the Rs to go up, if you let off they won't. Stay on it until the front wheel gets off the ground. Most likely you won't get it all the way up the first time but as those (mouse) nuts of yours turn into (hog) nuts it will come up all the way. Slowly back off the gas to maintain your height. As far as hitting neutral goes, there is a longer throw from first to second than any of the other gears so you have to make sure you pull up hard. I believe if you miss gears continuously you could end up bending your shifting fork.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
I find it's easier if you first give more throttle (not neccesarily full throttle, just a good amount) *then* quickly pull in and release the clutch while you're accelerating. I use one finger for the clutch, lets me keep a better grip on the handlebars and thus it's easier to keep it stable.

Now if I could just keep it going straight, I most often find myself close to the ditch on the right.

check out this thread
/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4294&
or this one
/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3963&

Freedom is won with blood and lost with the stroke of a pen
--uknown

·
Registered
136 Posts
Ive tried this method several times(clutch), always comes up sooooo scary fastmy spine turns a slight shade of yellow I end up bringin it back down,,,, HARD
My eagerness to join the local Wheelie Gurus here does not surpass my :(Supreme Hatred[V] for Downtime if my bikes in the shop from a loop-over

Steering damper is in order as well as Frame sliders
How about back tire pressure???? Ive heard that if its a lil low will be easier to maintain balance
but how low is Low?

Never Underestimate the Power of Stupidity

·
Registered
61 Posts
Originally posted by Skelatorr

Ive tried this method several times(clutch), always comes up sooooo scary fastmy spine turns a slight shade of yellow I end up bringin it back down,,,, HARD
My eagerness to join the local Wheelie Gurus here does not surpass my :(Supreme Hatred[V] for Downtime if my bikes in the shop from a loop-over

Steering damper is in order as well as Frame sliders
How about back tire pressure???? Ive heard that if its a lil low will be easier to maintain balance
but how low is Low?

You a herb...lol... ain't walking wheelies for miles...but I am at least doing BLOCKS now...and find it easier to clutch it up in first then switch to second...unfortunately I don't pay attention to RPMS...so i would not be able to tell you when to do what. I do know that once u reach the balance point on ANY BIKE....it feels like the accelaration slowed down and that you might give it too much throttle...

Once u are comfy wiht the balance spot (something that I have not been yet) then u can walk that wheelie till u are tired.

RoadRunnaz/SSR 4 Life http://www.roadrunnaz.com

·
Registered
136 Posts
Kannnamattatta,,,,,,,,,,,,, I have yet to see u wheelie that bike mannn
I think JC wheelies ur bike better than YOU, u bamma-cake[:eek:)]

Im not even gonna try dat -ish till I get some sliders

speakin of which , have u seen the ones with LED's inside to match ur bike??????

hhmmmmmmmmm

·
Registered
96 Posts
I think it is easier on the 636 to wheelie on straight gas than any other 600. I go up to about 7 rpms and bring it up and shift into 2nd with ease and keep it up 4 about a block.

999MPH

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
How fast should you let go of the clutch?
Do you pop it?

------
Moral of this story is....don't have one.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I'm not sure if I would call it a pop or more like a snap. But, yeah don't drag it out.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Originally posted by iowazx6r

Step 1: Buy a bike you don't mind dropping

Step 2: Look down and find a pair.

I'm sure whatever you're doing is right, but just not enough of it.

You don't even have to move to do a stoppie. Just have warm tires, a flat road, and no fear. Just pull in the brake until your front compresses as far down as you can go and then when you've just about stopped grab a big handful. The back will come up about 3 inches. Then work on it from there until you're comfortable.

Darkdan...comfortable enough with his manhood to ride a 600.
http://danellyn.thedarktruth.com/theory.swf
HOW FREAKING TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![:p]

------

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Originally posted by acarter

I think it is easier on the 636 to wheelie on straight gas than any other 600. I go up to about 7 rpms and bring it up and shift into 2nd with ease and keep it up 4 about a block.

999MPH
Better midrange and sharper fork angle allow the 636 to get up, just like the CBR, R6.

02 Kawisaki 6R and 9R have different fork angles and make it a little tougher. Well, thats what I think any way. I road a CBR and it seemed a lot easier than my ZX6

------

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.