Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am still waiting for the CD from the photographer, so no action shots for now, but here are a few I took....

Part of my pit set up....

THIS is why I bought an enclosed trailer! It was 40 freakin degrees outside, but it was 75 inside!

Donna chilling out. Literaly.....

Tony's Duc 998.

Unfortunatly, Tony suffered a pretty bad highside coming out of T8, so it ended up like this...

Ground through the water pump. This is why they don't want you to run antifreeze in your bikes! That crap is slick!

We packed all his stuff up while he got a ride to the hospital for fractured ribs and concussion. Poor guy was loopy as hell, but the helmet did it's job. The track parked the car by security so it is safe.

Some Duc sweetness!

Yeah, it's a $40K "R" model! Sounds wicked when the traction control is kicking in.

Dennis, on the left, owns the 1098 R pictured above..

Rick, of Cogent Dynamics. He does all the shock work for Larry Pegram's race Ducati effort and is my suspension "go to" guy. I am totaly jealous at how many track days this guy does in a year! That is Rick's son Carl to the right of him. Carl rode a Ducati as well. Rick's wife, Joyce, also rides Ducati and is a Control Rider too!

Rick suffered a freaky deal Sunday afternoon in the carousel when the inside foot peg BROKE OFF! He ended up running over his own foot and damn near lost it, but kept it up and made it made in for a replacement peg!

Nobody messes with Rick's pit area! This is Rocky!

This guy (black dude on the right) had a rough weekend. Dropped the brand new 848 unloading it off the trailer, then went off in 14, and finally lowsided in T5. Amazingly, all it really needs is an upper and maybe a bar end!

My buddy, Sean, from Ontario getting ready to receive some medical treatment from my wife. He really needed stitches, but she hooked him up. He sliced it with a screwdriver while fixing minor damage from a cold tire lowside...

Couple of Duc riders sitting around oozing Ducati supremacy!

My man Chris suffered a cold tire lowside with his Aprilia Falco and did some serious $$ damage. This bike has been down twice at this track now.

Chris trying to source some parts since this happened Saturday morning and we had the rest of the weekend to go..

He pretty much ended up with an Aprilia Tuono, but got it back out there!

And finally, this is Jim Calandro, President of US Desmo. He has been battling cancer for over a year now and is looking great! This is also the same guy I bought my 86 Gixxer 750 from and he is a true motorcycle enthusiast! This was taken during a photo shoot at lunch time Sunday.

Enough Ducs in one place for you?

I have lots of video and will be working on more over the next couple days, but here are a couple for now.....

Here is a short clip (the only footage I got) of Tony. Unfortunately, he got stranded behind a couple slower guys and I ran away...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXgJ2m1cR80

This one is some passing compilations in the Advance group. I started in Intermediate Saturday morning and they told me to bump up to Advance after teh 2nd session.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGjIY0iY42M

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
Nice pics and video.....

Yeah the Enclosed trailer thing is so true, especially if it rains.

·
ratherberiding
18,439 Posts
I like that Bimota snuck in there.

More 999 pix please.

Props to the 1098R guy for tracking that beast

·
yut uuuuugh!
5,344 Posts
great pics man, and great narration.... I always love these types of threads. Man, that many Ducs in one place might make me make a mess of my leathers :lol:

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Wow! I thought everyone had ignored this thread and was not going to post any more videos in it. I have a couple more from that weekend....

Dennis, with the 1098R saved a front end tuck on the last lap of the last session with his knee! Only part of the bike that touched was the foot peg!

The Bimota towards the middle is also owned by Jim Calandro. His 999 is the one in the front middle with track skins. Bike has never seen a road mile other than track!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts