Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi by any chance is there a way to get out a coil pack with out breaking it when the rubber that is post to be around the coil pack is stuck in the cylinder hole my number 1 coil pack is coming up to a certain point and i can't get it right out because of the stuck rubber there's no play to wiggle it out is there any way to soften up that rubber to get it out would really like to change my spark plugs

·
Registered
132 Posts
Stick coils were a great advance in Motorcycle Ignition systems but they have led to a number of skinned knuckles :mad:
If i get a really stubborn coil I will spray around the top in a decent penetrating oil and let it soak in giving the coil a turn as much as is possible every now and then until the Motor gives up and spits it out.
Don't worry to much if the residue gets into the cylinder when you remove the spark plugs as it won't last long in combustion.
Please try and avoid levering the coil out with a bar or the like as there very liable to break and are not cheap to replace..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stick coils were a great advance in Motorcycle Ignition systems but they have led to a number of skinned knuckles :mad:
If i get a really stubborn coil I will spray around the top in a decent penetrating oil and let it soak in giving the coil a turn as much as is possible every now and then until the Motor gives up and spits it out.
Don't worry to much if the residue gets into the cylinder when you remove the spark plugs as it won't last long in combustion.
Please try and avoid levering the coil out with a bar or the like as there very liable to break and are not cheap to replace..
Thanks ill try it tomorrow

1 - 3 of 3 Posts