Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it's 60 degrees outside, I unknowingly select my FieldSheer Textile Jacket as the jacket of choice for my ride to work. When I get to work and scrape the ice sickles off my chin, I do a little calculation:

35.74+0.6215T-35.75(V^0.16)+0.4275T(T^0.16) which gives you WIND CHILL (T=Temp (F) and V=Wind Speed (mph))

60 Degress at 60 mph is about 36! Outside! Well NO WONDER I was freezing my pawtuckus off...

For those that don't want to run the number, just plug it in here:

"http://leav-www.army.mil/weather/Windchil.htm"

I'm bored ok?

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Thanks for the post! I was curious about the "real feel" formula...

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Yeah it was cold here as well. I rode my baby to work this morning and it was pretty cool but not bad. It was about 60 here also. But i'm one of those that will start going through withdraw in mid winter and will take my bike out when it's thirty degrees out. As long as your dressed for it it's all good.:D

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm an all year rider, I just didn't bundle up like I should have this morning! Tomorrow I'm wearing the leather jacket instead...

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sh*t, it did it again! well, it's the last part from "http" to "windchil.htm"
copy and paste I guess...

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
damn, its in the low 90's here in houston. good thing the mornings are in the low 80's.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
If I rode this morning (26) at 75MPH, then it would be -12. That's only for the first 20 miles, then it would warm up to 10 the rest of the way. That's why I drive.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Hmm, temp varies from sub 40 to 60 over here. So it's cold and the tires never seem to have enough air in them. But the bike has become a wheelying machine:D.
Ok so I had just the reserve tank left but damn, that front just came up waaaay to quick, I came VERY close to looping it. And full throttle accel in 1st is impossible, I had to shift at 9-10K rpm to avoid that boisterous front from rising to ridiculous heights[:p]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.