Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just a simple reminder for all those out there riding where it gets cold this time of year...make sure you warm those tires up before hitting the corners or accelerating hard! this is the time of year when most riders go down! watch the wet leaves too!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Good post. Had the rear tire slip a couple times this week, wouldnt have happened two weeks ago.
Also, if your area has not had much rain lately and is now, watch out cause the first few minutes of rain are the slickest. The rain loosens the oil and junk off the road, so its slippier.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Good post I do that even in the summer. Not being an ass but dude, I'm waiting for it to cool down. Down here Thanksgiving is in the mid 70's to low 80's with no humidity until March. During a two month stretch we get a couple of cold weeks but for the most part high's will be in the mid 60's to low 70's.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I live out here in North Dallas....Just moved here from Florida and I was wondering how bad the "black ice" was here...I plan to ride all year and just want to be prepared for the worst kind of weather the area can throw at me. any takers[?]

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
alright asses come on now..us up here in michigan or the midwest are dealing with 45 degree nights already!! no need to rub it in..just throwing out a friendly reminder because i know how it gets when its cold!

·
Registered
520 Posts
Took the bike out tonight @ 57* and warmed the tires with a 25 min ride. Gave it hell rolling 1st at about 30mph and its all tire spin even into 2nd. Its good of you to post a reminder, Thanks. I forgot how much the temp makes a difference.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah no kidding! its crazy up here in michigan we are getting down in the mid 40s already at night!!!

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Yeah. Thanks. I rode to work one morning and the temp was 41. YIKES! My bike ran 138 degrees all the way to work on the highway.

·
Registered
734 Posts
another reminder about rain: It washes gravel onto the roads, especially in the twisties, where you have rocky wilderness either side.

·
Premium Member
3,573 Posts
Originally posted by drunknboatin
just a simple reminder for all those out there riding where it gets cold this time of year...make sure you warm those tires up before hitting the corners or accelerating hard! this is the time of year when most riders go down! watch the wet leaves too!
One more reminder....just remember when the outside temp. says 40F, thats NOT what it is when riding down the hwy or riding at any speed above 30mph. Bundle up guys and gals and make sure your gloves are warm. We can always tuck down to get out of the wind but your hands ar exposed the whole ride, keep them warm so they work like you want them to.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.