Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question. I'm having problems with my 98 ZX9, in the mornings it won't even try to start, but turns over fine. any ideas on this pain in the arse problem. But if i stick it in the house at night i can start it right up in the morning. My wife is not a happy camper because i have to bring it in the house, but oh well...lol

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have all those done, and use the choke. Ya it's weird, could it be the valves need adjusted and the floats. It smells like gas when i try to start it. Thanx for the reply.....

·
Registered
367 Posts
are you running the highest octane fuel you can get? i always find it really hard to start on cold mornings when running 'special premium' rather than just 'premium' [:p] could explain the richness too maybe?

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I haven't had a problem with that yet with my 03, but it hasn't been too cold out yet. I hear its just a carb thing. Last year I had my bike totalled in November, and I have never really been trying to start the bike when it was absolutely freezing out... but I have to use the choke when I first start it up for the day no matter how warm or cold it is.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I use regular unleaded. the two center nipples that are used for Synchronizing the carbs didn't have caps on them. So that got rid of the stumbling from 0-6000 rpms. But now my choke don't seem to work wierd [email protected]#t man. Also the stupids thing happened this friday the 13th, someone freakin stole my tags....lol

·
Registered
56 Posts
got to go with Premo gas. I had trouble untill I raised idle to 1100-1150 with little adjuster wheel on ls. For me to start, even on below freezing morns; no gas full choke. Bike starts in a few seconds, always dies. Start again, rpm goes to around 3000 rpm and i have to let it stay there for a few seconds. Slowly back down choke making sure throttle responds. wait a minute or two to get gear on and off we go. Hope you get yours sorted out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.