Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive done a search and cant find the answer. what is the color code for the black 650r. there is like a pearl color in the paint. and does anyone know where i can buy some, would the color codes transfer correctly to an auto body supply store?

thanks for the help

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
There are two different black colors for the Ninja 650R / ER6f.

EBONY BLACK is Kawasaki Color Code H8

Metallic Diablo Black is Kawasaki Color Code 15Q

Ride On!

Tony

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
What is the color code for the 2011 Burnt Orange Ninja 650r?
That is Kawasaki Color Code 15T

Really hard to get good pictures of this color. It looks way better in person than in pics IMO.

Ride On!

Tony

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yes I agree it's beautiful!! Except on Color Rite's site they said my color code was 17L, hmm weird. I was going to get the 2010 Lime Green Model until I saw the 2011 Burnt Orange color!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
doing some more research on this topic, it sounds like its very hard to match the paint exactly or it costs alot from colorright.com.

maybe im better off taking the fairing to a local autobody supply shop and have them color match it. i bet it will be cheaper n a pretty close match.

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
doing some more research on this topic, it sounds like its very hard to match the paint exactly or it costs alot from colorright.com.

maybe im better off taking the fairing to a local autobody supply shop and have them color match it. i bet it will be cheaper n a pretty close match.

If it's a solid color, like Ebony Black H8 or Lime Green 777 it's not hard to color match, but if it's a metallic color like Metallic Diablo Black 15Q or Candy Lime Green 15P you actually have to order two paints from colorright and it's not at all easy (in fact I dare say it's nearly impossible) to get a perfect match to the factory metallic paint...

If you have metallic paint a professional autobody paint shop would probably be your best bet.

Ride On!

Tony

·
Registered
259 Posts
I'm looking at the Colorrite paint and have $107 in my cart now for primer, base, top and clear coat. I'm discouraged with the price especially if matching metallic is going to be crappy at best. It's for a headlight cowl. Not near any of the other painted panels. But I still worry about dropping the $125 with shipping.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Unfortunately, the paint in a can is $87 per 1/2 pint. Even if it's a better job the cost is up to a minimum of $175 without prep, primer or clear. Not to mention time.

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
I'm looking at the Colorrite paint and have $107 in my cart now for primer, base, top and clear coat. I'm discouraged with the price especially if matching metallic is going to be crappy at best. It's for a headlight cowl. Not near any of the other painted panels. But I still worry about dropping the $125 with shipping.
The paint is for a headlight cowl?

Must be for an ER6n?

If that's the case why don't you just buy a new cowl?

A brand new Kawasaki ER6n OEM Headlight Cowl will cost you less than the paint! :D

Happy Trails!

Tony

·
Pursebully
38,920 Posts
If it's from ColorRite, it'll match perfectly...as long as it's applied correctly.

The paint is for a headlight cowl?

Must be for an ER6n?

If that's the case why don't you just buy a new cowl?

A brand new Kawasaki ER6n OEM Headlight Cowl will cost you less than the paint! :D

Happy Trails!

Tony
This.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts