Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
I posted this in one of the other forums -

Hey MrZedExSixArgh, looks like your out in littleton from your profile, I'm over in Saudi Aurora. Do you ride with a group or mostly on your own?

I am trying to find people to ride with that are not squids, not much luck yet. Don't get me wrong I like to have fun just as much as the next guy, but not when all it is doing is attracting the attention of the fuzz or just being down right stupid.

Anywho, I do alot of riding over in the Deer Creek, Turkey Creek, etc... area out that way. Usually on Sunday mornings before the traffic picks up, also because that's usually the only time I have to sneak out of the house.

Good to see another CO rider on the board. Be safe.

It's days like this I wish I still did drugs!

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
I live in Conifer. If you head up Deer Creek and High Grade or Turkey Creek over City View, you'll almost run smack into my house.

Email me sometime.

-gary
'02 6R

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good to hear from you guys! This weekend, and likely the next are out for me, but maybe we can ride the weekend following, or sometime during the week, after work!

Yeah - trying to find people to ride with that aren't squids is a bit difficult. I have fun when I ride, but I'm not a jackass. Tickets are expensive and wrecking hurts! I generally only ride with one other guy - he has a red f4i - he's pretty good.

I'm rather fond of the Morrison canyon road (can't remember the hwy #). Been up Deer Creek a couple times, but it's been a while.

Let me know: [email protected]

·
Registered
778 Posts
I will be headed your way in two weeks, denver/boulder area I'll be out there on a Business trip (Tuesday) the 17th to the 22th

I have the nights and weekend to play, I am renting a car so I can go anywhere, I am flying Sally in for the weekend. Any suggestions on resturants and bars/clubs... I was there last year and I wasn't too impressed with Downtown Denver, I have been to Alley Kats and those bars near Market St. and of course Diamonds (strip bar) Never been to Boulder.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Don't know much about Boulder, I try and stay away from those weird catz.

I'm married and don't party much anymore, so I'm not much use there either.

My single freinds at work hit the 16th street mall downtown for the club seen, Rock Bottom is one I hear of often. There is a really nice Italian place called Maggianos Little Italy on the 16th street mall under Barnes & Nobel and the UA theater. Sorry I couldn't help more in that area, I work downtown and live out in the middle of nowhere.

I would however not miss the trek over peak to peak highway. I would take hwy93 out of Boulder, turn west on hwy72. Take hwy72 through Nederland and have breakfast at the Pioneer Inn in Nederland. Continue up hwy72 to hwy7 to Estes Park. You'll wish you had your bike but this time of year you'll get the aspens changing color.

Edited by - aqon2welz on 09/04/2002 15:20:34

Edited by - aqon2welz on 09/08/2002 22:49:58

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
I've only lived here for two years, and never really go into town much. The way the rain's going, the aspens will prob be turning about the time you're here, so I'd head up to Mt Evans and stop at The Bistro in Evergreen (Marshdale really), on Hwy 73, on your way down. Very good food, if you asked me. I've been married too long to know where any clubs are. :(

-gary
'02 6R

·
Registered
158 Posts
COLORADO ride this Sunday

Anyone who wants to meet in the Kolh's parking lot at kipling & C470, leaving at 11pm this sunday the 8th.

Going to head out deer creek, to 285, to 126 to deckers to woodland park and back.

Edited by - aqon2welz on 09/04/2002 15:30:05

Edited by - aqon2welz on 09/04/2002 15:36:14

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The aforementioned trips will be fun and provide scenic memories of our state.

I haven't been to Boulder in eons.

Nightlife in Denver: We usually go to the Church (12th & Lincoln) on Friday nights and Vinyl (11th & Broadway) on Saturday nights. We try to stay away from Lodo. If you must go there, however, B-52's is okay. There are usually a bunch of sport bikes between 15th & 14th on Larimer, but the cops have been cracking down there as of late - I haven't been there for a long time.

Let me know if you'ld like.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
I just put on new sprockets and chain. If I can get the link pressed and get some time on it Sat, I'll prob be there. I'll know by Sat evening, and post back here.

-gary
'02 6R

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Scratch that. Can't get the chain done until next week. Little safety wire and I'm off! Yeah. That'll work. Anyone notice that the bike service in Denver REALLY sucks? Either they're dicks, or they're booked until 2004.

-gary
'02 6R

·
Registered
158 Posts
No worries, looks like there doing raod work fron Deckers down 67. It wouldn't be too good a ride anyway. We'll try and hook up again someother time.

quote:Anyone notice that the bike service in Denver REALLY sucks? Either they're dicks, or they're booked until 2004.
I have noticed the same and do my own work.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Looks like I was goin to lead you wrong in my original post. You would want to take 93 south out of Buolder then west on 72 up in to the hills.

Hope the trip is a good one. If your going to be downtown during the work day, e-mail me and we'll see if we can hook up for a bite to eat.

·
Registered
778 Posts
quote:
Looks like I was goin to lead you wrong in my original post. You would want to take 93 south out of Buolder then west on 72 up in to the hills.

Hope the trip is a good one. If your going to be downtown during the work day, e-mail me and we'll see if we can hook up for a bite to eat.

will do =)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
quote:

quote:Anyone notice that the bike service in Denver REALLY sucks? Either they're dicks, or they're booked until 2004.
I have noticed the same and do my own work.
Pretty much. Discount Motorcycle Tire is the place for tires here, but outside of that, all bets are off.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Now that I mine's going, email me if you want to borrow my bikes this weekend. Weather permitting anyway. I've got the '02 6 and my wife has a '02 250.

-gary
'02 6R

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Cool. I just bought Sue an SV650 so we've got three bikes. You'll have to ride this time.

-gary
'02 6R

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Denver

Anyone left around here from Denver? Seeing as how our snow season was about 8 months this year, it's kind of hard to keep interest.

-gary
'02 6R

1 - 20 of 102 Posts