Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Just make sure your handle bars are straight. A damper will help if you come down with your bars crooked. Even with a damper you'll get a couple of head shakes but it will smooth out quick.

·
Registered
315 Posts
'keep in mind: my definition of a L-O-N-G wheelie is short to you wheelie gods out there(i.e pimp)

am i the only one who experiences headshake after a long wheelie? seems like the front wheel stops spinning as much after like 1/2 mile or so and when i come down everyone who watches says a puff of blue smoke comes out and the whole bike shutters like its gonna throw me. would a damper help out?

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
i read in a cycle canada that the secret to long wheelies is a spinning front wheel. it maintains balance on the bike or something. so for your problem i don't think there is a solution unless you go faster before you wheelie. once you go back down your wheel has slowed considerably compared to the speed your bike is travelling so that is why there is smoke and shake. if your wheel is still spinning the landing is easier. thats just my thought though;)

i am so moving somewhere where the riding season is longer!

·
Registered
315 Posts
hey thanks. my wheelies are usually at about 105 to 115. i think i finally found the problem on my bike. the upper triple was misaligned with the lower. which was pulling my bike to the right. whenever i did stoppies too it was coming one way or another and i couldnt do stoppies past like 60 mph or so. waiting for my seats to come back(theyre white now) and ill bust a few to see how it goes.

·
Registered
695 Posts
lol...i'm coming down from my VERY SHORT WHEELIES at like 55 or 60 miles an hour...and I feel like I'm freaking racing!! Mostly because I'm so amped about being in a wheelie for more than 5 seconds. I CAN NOT imagine coming down at 125mph....that is just crazy!! [:p]

02 ZX6R (Yellow)

·
Registered
10 Posts
i start in second,55mph.go third,85.then fourth,120.then fifth...sky's the limits!!!hehe..here in hawaii there are strong trade winds.so you have to be careful not to catch a gust and land on your ass!!!

·
Registered
321 Posts
Originally posted by Fukenfast

i start in second,55mph.go third,85.then fourth,120.then fifth...sky's the limits!!!hehe..here in hawaii there are strong trade winds.so you have to be careful not to catch a gust and land on your ass!!!
What are those cops driving out there now? When I was stationed there around 1986 they all had unmarked Monte Carlo SS's. Seemed like their cars were their own? Since some of them had them souped-up? When the cop in my apartment building drove off you could hear his high lift cam, sweet soud[8D]
AL

·
Registered
315 Posts
got her all put back together now. i am having no tracking problems or any headshake. longest one sofar was around a 1/4 mile and was perfectly stable when i landed. i softened up the comp. damping 3 clicks out and did the rebound 1 click out. also tightened up the loose ass steering bearing thing on the neck. helped a ton as well. that super hard suspension shit is only good if your on a perfect road all the time. you can hardly take bumps when you r leaned over.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.