Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm new to this site as well as riding. I took the rider's course over two years ago and just purchase a Kawasaki Vulcan 800....Yep I said a 800cc. I know my baddd:confused:... My concerns is that this bike is very heavy for me. I don't want to sell because I got it at a great price. However, I do want to learn in a safe environment. I've signed up for the class again but is it stupid to think that once I take the class that I can ride my 2004 Kawasaki 800 2004 safely?

· Registered
5,288 Posts
You should be OK on the Vulcan. It isn't a good bike to learn on - you can't beat a 250 or fast 125 for that - but it's power rather than weight that causes the real problems and although the Vulcan is 800cc it isn't particularly fast.

Re-take the course - you'll be rusty after 2 years - and use your own bike to get used to the weight through the slow speed maneuvers. When you can ride feet up full ock figure eights, using the clutch and rear brake to control speed (throttle held constant) you'll have enough control to be able to take it out on the road.

Once there, concentrate on traffic skills. It's traffic that will give you more problems than the weight of the bike.

Rob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.