Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm enjoying my 98 ZG1000 except I had to pull the fuel tap assy that sprung a leak on me while going to work. Yes I smelled like gas until the boss sent me home to change. Not a great way to find out that valve is going bad. However, $65 replaces the whole valve. Didn't want to chance a rebuild kit on it.

I still have it torn down, any preventative maintenance tips before I put it all back together?

·
Registered
2 Posts
concours is great

Has everyone forgotten how great a motorcycle the original Concours is??
Hi, got 2, a5 and a14 models, have other bikes to but always go back to connie. Super reliable and easy to work on. Just fitted complete stainless exhaust and replaced every nut and bolt in stainless. Great bike:D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Been on two wheels of some sort since I was 12 years old (57 Now) owned everything from dual purpose bikes to Vulcans to Goldwings, wouldn't trade my Connie for any of them.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I hate touring bikes.

I especially am not a fan of the looks of the 1998 zg1000.

Most of all it irks me to see a hundred luggage cases attached to the sides, back, middle, front of a bike. Get a convertible! lol

·
Registered
6,000 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same thing happened to my '98 last december. The good news: the dealer took it and my old 83 BMW R100 in trade on a great deal - - - and I've gone from an Awesome, '98 GZ100 to an INCREDIBLE, "Old-new" '13 GZ1400!

Sad to see the old girl go - but her replacement is still impressing me 12 months later!

21 - 32 of 32 Posts