Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
need confirmation that the 2004-2005 ZX-10R front and rear sprocket OEM/stock sprocket sizes are:
17 tooth front
39 tooth rear

with 525 OEM/stock chain?

please, someone confirm! thanks

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
incidentally, if the rear is in fact 39 teeth, does anyone know if the zx6r rear sprockets are compatible with my 2005 zx10r? im looking to go up 3 or 4 teeth in the rear. thanks

·
Premium Member
10,463 Posts
17/39 is stock in 525 chain size.

also replied to your other thread

·
Registered
129 Posts
Yes the '04-'05 has a 17/39 setup with a 50 series tire. The stock setup is good for 180mph or so.

The '06-'07 10R has a 17/40 setup as opposed to the 39 if I am not mistaken. I also think it would swap right onto the '04-'05? The '08-'09 10R setup is 17/41. So if you could get your hands on an OEM rear from an '08 you would already be +2 in the rear...assuming that the rear sprockets are interchangable. You would also be better off going down one in the front instead of +4 in the read IMHO...-1 up front doesn't require a new chain which would be needed if you go too big in the rear, but you still accomplish the same gearing change. You could try the 3nd gen rear sprocket (+2) and then go to the 16t Z1000 (-1) up front. Should make her real schnaaappy! But I don't know about the chain size...I believe that the OEM 1st Gen is a 108 link? and the 2nd Gen is a 110? Not sure of the 3rd Gen 10...

I have read some favorable results about the 55 series tire as opposed to the 50 also...and it should also widen it out a bit by going to the 55 tire...and raise the rear end up a bit and should help with better turn-in. You just need to have a slightly longer chain to set the tire back a little further, so the 55 tire doesn't rub on the hugger...or just take the hugger off.

If you decide to go to a 16t in front, you would be better off getting the front sprocket off of a Z1000, as they have a rubber insulator and are quieter like the aftermarket sprockets.

...just my two pennies.
-S

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.