Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering doing the Power Commander, but I'm not 100% sure. I read mixed review. Do you think it's worth it? Is the power gains substantial enough to make it worth doing?

For more low-end power, I can always go to a 16 tooth sprocket in front and go 1 up in the back. Does this sound like a better choice?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Unless your going with a full exhaust, it won't make a BIG difference. I have a Muzzy slip-on, after my new map was done it helped when getting back on the gas, maybe a couple of HP. Biggest reason i got it was for the the ease of changing maps(Just to play with it) and the Quick-shifter(worth every penny)
If your staying with a stock exhaust, don't bother
Full system, yeah
Slip-on, not necessary up to you

·
Registered
976 Posts
Originally posted by Andrew Grant
I'm considering doing the Power Commander, but I'm not 100% sure. I read mixed review. Do you think it's worth it? Is the power gains substantial enough to make it worth doing?

For more low-end power, I can always go to a 16 tooth sprocket in front and go 1 up in the back. Does this sound like a better choice?
no substantial gains with a PC but rather an overall refined performance over stock.
You'll not gain any performance from a 16t or +1 rear but rather quicker acceleration is all so if thats your goal then yes try the 16t.

BD

·
Registered
310 Posts
Well heres my 2 cents worth..Is a cpl hundred bucks worth it to you for a few hp/better throttle responce,thats assumein ya went with a slip on(saves few lbs and possible hp gains)or alot more weight saved and more hp gains again....
Personally if the funds permit,get it dynoed as stock,get a quality airfilter,slip on or full system have a custom made map then dyno it again.....Let us know what the differences were and how happy ya are for spendin a 1000 clams for 10 or so hp..
Just with a good slip on ,looks and sound are good for me,but with a pc3 and some tweakin...I would go for it

·
Registered
341 Posts
I've done a PC3r on all of my bikes, makes a big difference if you have a good tuner - Not just in power, but smoothness too.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the help.

I probably should have been more clear. I don't have the full system. I have the Two Brothers half system with the single pipe. A few guys at my local shop said it makes more sense not to spend the extra money on the full system. I just ride my bike occasionally on the streets for fun. I never go to a track or anything like that.

I'm going to powder coat my wheels and I decided to go with the 16t sproket in front. I'm going to leave the rear, so I don't have to buy a new chain too. I will also hold off on the power commander for now as the bike runs pretty sweet right now. A little more low-end with the -1 in front and the bike should be good for a while.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.