Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any good websites/references for the proper way to sell a motorcycle? I am concerned about things like how to insure myself against somebody dropping the bike during a test drive and what forms of payment are safest for me to accept. As always, thanks for the help.

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
My friends and I firmly believe in the "cash only" and "test drive it after you buy it" theories.

Haven't been screwed yet.

--David

·
Registered
155 Posts
Yeah, never let them test drive it. You can ride it for them around a parking lot, shifting through all the gears and what not. But never let them test ride it. You never know if they had any experience on a bike. Most people that have never own a bike ususally tells you that they have own one and they can handle it. But most likely its all bullshit. If they insist on riding it, make sure they give you the money up front as collateral. But most people that buy bikes should know that no one ever give test rides. And yes "CASH ONLY" and if possible have one of those "conterfit pens" to mark the bills. I was out a bill one time because one of them was conterfit. So check the bills.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.