Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
649 Posts
Nice video, looking at that makes me feel very good about having all my gear on sunday. Hopefully ill never have to look at road rash on my skin.

· Registered
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
this happened no more than 60 feet behind me...:(

here is what happened to the guy behind me when a SUV decided to switch lanes.

and his bike:

If you want to revamp your tats just choose a T-shirt/helmet/gloves...

and the SUV's damage...

i was right in front of my buddy, and heard a Boom, checked my mirror and saw an orange circle (a fire); did the double take, and whipped my head around backwards to make sure it wasn't on my mirror, and dammit it was my good friend's R1 burning.
he explained the road rash felt as if "someone dumped gasoline on me and lit it on fire"...

Attachments

· Registered
649 Posts
yea I had some textile gloves on in my crash which got ripped up. So i sort of know the feeling. But my scars are no where even close to the extent of his.

But at least the guy stopped for you, the car that switched lanes on me kept going...

· Registered
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
as you can see...the SUV had a flat tire after pretty much running over the front tire of the R1, so they were going to stop, or have a mob of bikers chasing them down...

· Strat - the Asian edition
12,887 Posts
Great video post
KF won't let me rep you for the video :frown:
Someone please pass along the rape on my behalf

Check out the website as well
Rock The Gear
The picture on there is just gnarly.

This post is actually a good reminder of what can happen when you don't wear gear.
Last night, I was working on my bike and preparing it for the track. My gas tank is almost empty so I need to fill up the tank.
I like to keep track of my mpg so doing that requires me to actually fill up the tank itself so I know how much gas I used.
I really wanted to ride to the gas station in just my helmet (gas station is one mile down the road with only two left turns and a right turn) but I stuck to my atgatt guns and didn't go. Deciding that I was either going to go in full gear or not at all.

I still need to fill up my tank today but am going to ride there in full gear or not at all.

· Premium Member
15,847 Posts
Great video post
KF won't let me rep you for the video :frown:
Someone please pass along the rape on my behalf

Check out the website as well
Rock The Gear
The picture on there is just gnarly.

This post is actually a good reminder of what can happen when you don't wear gear.
Last night, I was working on my bike and preparing it for the track. My gas tank is almost empty so I need to fill up the tank.
I like to keep track of my mpg so doing that requires me to actually fill up the tank itself so I know how much gas I used.
I really wanted to ride to the gas station in just my helmet (gas station is one mile down the road with only two left turns and a right turn) but I stuck to my atgatt guns and didn't go. Deciding that I was either going to go in full gear or not at all.

I still need to fill up my tank today but am going to ride there in full gear or not at all.
I just raped him for you BB

:)

· Registered
3,742 Posts
Yup thats what even MINOR road rash feels like. Even something you don't have to go to the hospital for (but still needs some medical attention) feels like someone took a blow torch to you and poured gas on it. I could just imagine something major. Hopefully I never find out what permanent damage feels like.

I wear my stuff on the ZX6R basically all the time but I'de still like something to protect my knees just in case, I have bad knees and if I hit one just right in an accident I might not ride again. A full suit wont work for commuting and no one ever carries the velcro under jeans deals to try on (they gotta fit).

Even with full gear you can get messed up but it helps a whole hell of a lot. Denim jeans really dont do all that much... and just a T-shirt well you might as well be topless.

· Registered
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ry, what was he wearing and which bridge/ramp is that? Fucking yinzor drivers, ill bet the SUV was in the wrong lane and yins had to go around him then BOOM he decided to get in the correct lane.
We were in the left lane and the SUV was in the right-hand lane, and after i went by the SUV decided to switch w/o signaling and hit the guy right behind me...the crazy scary part was the SUV was filled with teenagers/young adults and they didn't even seem to be worried at all, they laughed and shit...

· Registered
1,764 Posts
Yup thats what even MINOR road rash feels like. Even something you don't have to go to the hospital for (but still needs some medical attention) feels like someone took a blow torch to you and poured gas on it. I could just imagine something major. Hopefully I never find out what permanent damage feels like.
Yeah, my knee felt pretty bad. Even worse when I started riding with it after my buddy checked the bike. Still have this bright pink spot about twice the size of a quarter where I lost the skin three years ago.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.