Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dont know if this is common or not. Today was riding with a buddy, he has the same exact bike (03 zx6r) and i happen to notice his coolant tank, then i looked at mine. His was fine, but mine looked like there was this white color crust in there against the wall of the coolant tank. At first i just thought my tank was frosted that color until i taped it and the crust started to break up a little. What can that be in there? and how did that happen? The bike is no more then 3 weeks old? And should i bring it back to get looked at or its not a big deal?

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
I'd have to see a picture of it (it it itself if you feel like driving down to Queens) to beable to tell you if its something to worry yourself about.

Personally, I don't think that its anything too much to worry about. Pop the radiator cap the next time the bike is cold and just make sure the radiator is filled with green coolant.

BC.

I didn't do it, I swear.
And even if I did, what makes you think I would admit it to you?

·
Registered
16 Posts
My next door neighbor has the crust on his 03 636. I just got mine and its barely starting to get it. My Hayabusa had it too. I think its normal. :D

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok cook thanks, I dont feel so bad now. I have about 300 miles on her and i got a jaket from the same dealer and he told me when i bring it for service he will flush it and fill it back for me if I want.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.