Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed some sediment at the bottom of my coolant resevoir, upon comparison I noticed some in the bottom of the resevoir on my dads bike and some friends. Do they need the coolant changed? Is some oil leaking in there or what?

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have the same sediment in my reservoir tank. I don't have alot of sediment but there is a little there.
If this concerns you, flush your cooling system and clean out your reservoir tank, then fill it up using fresh coolant solution.
I don't think there is oil in there because if there was the coolant fluid would be a shitty light brown colour and look like sludge.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Yeah I also had the same problem, it was agianst the wall of the tank, but about a month later it broke up and went away no biggie, and bike never ran to hot

·
Registered
56 Posts
I imagine the oil and coolant systems work pretty much teh same on a car as a bike so if you thought about it then you'd come up witht eh conclusion that its not oil because if it gets into the coolant then coolant would get into the oil and you'd probably start burning it and you would have white smoke coming out of the muffler as if you had blown a head gasket.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.