Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reading all the other cop stories, I'll share mine.

I was riding home from work to a bike night, and I get pulled over for having a green center led on my green 08 ZX-6R. He tickets me for the light, and having a fender eliminator with no reflectors.

I was not speeding, or splitting lanes. He just wanted to ticket me.

=(

·
Registered
42 Posts
Do the reflectors have to be the stock ones (or something similar), or would reflective decals in the right places be acceptable? Anyone know?

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Here in Mass. you wouldn't even get a mile without being pulled over for decorative LED lighting.

I'll have to check the Mass. RMV law for rear reflectors, because if it's the same as yours my rear fender chop is illegal. :(

·
ratherberiding
18,438 Posts
I guess FL has its benefits cause none of this stuff matters here apparently

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
He got me for:

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d12/vc24003.htm Vehicle With Unlawful Lamps
24003. No vehicle shall be equipped with any lamp or illuminating device not required or permitted in this code, nor shall any lamp or illuminating device be mounted inside a vehicle unless specifically permitted by this code. This section does not apply to:

(a) Interior lamps such as door, brake and instrument lamps, and map, dash, and dome lamps designed and used for the purpose of illuminating the interior of the vehicle.

(b) Lamps needed in the operation or utilization of those vehicles mentioned in Section 25801, or vehicles used by public utilities in the repair or maintenance of their service, or used only for the illumination of cargo space of a vehicle while loading or unloading.

(c) Warning lamps mounted inside an authorized emergency vehicle and meeting requirements established by the department.

Amended Ch. 723, Stats. 1979. Effective January 1, 1980

hello mcfly, anybody in the mcfly? the nose light comes stock (JDM, OEM, DOT, MVA, DOG, CAT, SUN ,GOD,) sorry to many beers :drinkin:

if i were you i would walk in the courtroom with a countersuit of 5000$ for herassment by the town for giving you a ticket for something that comes stock on a motor-cycle

·
Registered
372 Posts
Dont take it in a bad way but you knew what you where getting into before installing the the green led, and if the light came in a package im pretty sure it said somewhere "for off road use only". I got pulled over by hbpd once on my way home from beach burgers bikenite and was let go on a warning. I have white leds but only turn them on only when parked. Your going to attract the popo for As long as you have that green led.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Dont take it in a bad way but you knew what you where getting into before installing the the green led, and if the light came in a package im pretty sure it said somewhere "for off road use only". I got pulled over by hbpd once on my way home from beach burgers bikenite and was let go on a warning. I have white leds but only turn them on only when parked. Your going to attract the popo for As long as you have that green led.
Actually that's where I was headed too. =) I got the LED from a coworker, I didn't buy it or anything. Someone was like, hey you want a green light for your nose? And of course I'd say yes. As for asking about it's legality, they told me it wasn't a running light, so it shouldn't be an issue. But now I know.

Anyway, I have a solution already worked out, I installed Halos in my headlights, and the kill switch is tied to the nose light. So when I hit the switch the halos and the nose go out. Here's the how-to on the halo kill switch.
http://www.kawiforums.com/showthread.php?t=118671

1 - 20 of 24 Posts