Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sup pepole. i just had a few questions . i got stopped today . i wasnt speeding or doing anything stupid. as ia m coming up a ramp to go onto the bridge. i see 2 cops out side there cars with guns trying to catch pepole speeding. i didnt pay attention and i keept going limit was 50 i was going 40 so i didnt think much of it. about half way down the bridge. i see a cop car behind me. so i signaled to the left to get away and he fallowed me . so i signaled again went to the right . as soon as we hit the tool he hits his lights. i turned of the bike got off took off my helmet . he comes up and say you know why i pulled you over. i said no i wasnt doing anything. then he goes at mile marker 39 you didnt signal to a right turn. and i said how did you see that if you where outside your car on the ramp clocking pepole. and he said he wasnt. so i keept my cool and i said he wants to be a ahole so let him. then he looks at my bike and says well you know i am going to write you up for your plat becuae its illegally mounted. it has to be right under the light. i said i got pulled over at 3 check point and no one pointed it out. plus i have a light shining on it at night.my plate is mounted right about the tire hugger where everyone can see it. i said to him listen i know you only pulled me over because i am on a bike. write what you want . then goes on to tell me i am giving you a ticked because you only have a permit. i said sir its day time i can ride with a permit. and then he says well i need a licence otherwise i am writing you for that. so i turned around got my papers and said do what you like i cant stop you .its sunday afternoon and you are looking to ruin it for someone. anyone know if i can fight these tickets or if there is any cops here from ny that can help thanks.btw now i know why bikers runs from cops!!!

·
Registered
374 Posts
sorry u got hassled. I have a theory, as more bikes run and get away, it makes the cop a bike rider hater. Then the cop gives hassles to riders like yourself who have done nothing wrong. good luck n court. maybe he will be a no sho and u will win...

·
Registered
38 Posts
BK and SI cops are the worst, those highway patrol guys are even worse...they bust my balls all the time, so I try to only come out at night.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i know i hate driving here.i should of just hit the throttle lol. any idea what to do to get them taken off. btw he was an mta cop not highway patrol

·
Registered
97 Posts
Sounds like an ego thing.
If you had somebody with you, he probably wouldn't have been such a pri an arrogant person. When he was done the big lecturre you could have then said "see you in court..." Police hate court, but hey, we live in a democratic society, ...I think.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
HE DIDNT EVEN GIVE ME A LECTURE HE WALKED UP TO ME LIKE A D*** AND GAVE ME THE TICKETS. I WAS LIKE YOU KNOW I NEVER DID ANYTHING WRONG HE SAID WELL I DONT KNOW WHAT TO TELL YOU. AND I SAID THATS WHAT THEY HAVE COURTS FOR. AND NOW I SEE WHY BIKERS JUST RUN . GOT ON MY BIKE AND GOT AWAY .

·
Registered
949 Posts
i feel your pain man. I was stopped and got a speeding and permit ticket. Im gonna fight the permit ticket as the law is flexible with it. You have an interesting problem...does an mta cop have the same authority as nypd? are you gonna get points? I go to the island all the time and ive never seen anyone standing around with radar guns.

Staten island cops are the worst because they cant make money like cops from the other boroughs and they use the bridge toll area to stop everyone they want.

im interested in how this ends

·
Registered
949 Posts
ny has also a new law stating that if you have 6 or more points the state imposes a $300 "driver responsibility assesment." so you gotta be weary about that too.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i know i never see cops there but its sunday afternoon. if you are coming from 86th st and u use the highway to get to the bridge. they is an upramp and they are standing right up top. not if your coming from the belt. i dont know what kind of authority they have but i am just going to keep persponing it . he will forget it and hopefully i will get out free and clear. my friends got pulled over last week in staten island and the reason was becuase he was driving a motorcycle

·
Sportbike Scum; Ex-Mod.
4,215 Posts
We were in Brooklyn for a day last month while waiting for our flight home. We still had our rental car, so I thought I'd show the g/f where I grew up, went to school, etc. Drove around Bay Ridge, Boro Park, Bensonhurst, Dyker Heights. It's changed a LOT since I left in '73, but not so I couldn't find my way around or recognize things. Shore Road was the exact same (so was high school - Fort Hamilton).

I gotta tell you guys; I hated driving around there in a Jeep Cherokee - I can't IMAGINE riding a bike in that insanity. My g/f saw the neighborhood where I grew up & said, "I can't imagine growing up here" (she grew up in Kalifornia & Alabama).

I definitely saw more bikes the farther away from the city we got - up by the Pepacton Reservoir area, in the Catskills, there were plenty - and the roads were awesome - I wished we had our bikes when we were up there. In the city; not so much, lol.

ps - WTF is up with the N train not running into the city???

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lol no understand ny like a new yorker. unless you grew up here you dont understand it. i would much rather grow up here than alabama? lol.the roads here suck i agree that why we ride in staten island. but as you see cops never change here. its all about the coffe dounuts and tickets. the n in n train stand for Not working. it sucks dont ever use the n or the r train .

·
Registered
949 Posts
long island has the only decent roads...figures. Upstate is good stuff but as SI, BK, Queens all (roads) blow

growing up in NY makes you sharp especially on a bike

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
As far as the permit goes, if you weren't riding with a licensed rider, you were in the wrong. You have to be within a 1/4 mile (I belive) of a licensed rider who is riding with you.
Time has nothing to do with it.

·
Sportbike Scum; Ex-Mod.
4,215 Posts
Originally posted by irokdastar383
. the n in n train stand for Not working. it sucks dont ever use the n or the r train .
LOL... except for the B train "el", the N & R (which I remember as RR) are the only ones in my old neighborhood... Yeah, I grew up there (until I was 18), but I'm glad I got out. Now all you damned New Yorkers are coming down here & making S. Fla. the 6th boro... LOL. What's up w/ that???

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
lol alot has changed here. there is alot of of the boat chiness pepole moving into bensonhurst and buying up land and buildding condos and thats making alot of pepole leave. all my friends moved to jersey or staten island. it sucks here .its like the united nations . and one speaks english. but hey thats brooklyn. if i get the chance to move i am out of here so fast i would love to move to fla . winter here sucks its like 10 below.and if your woundering why all of brooklyn is moving to fla. its because we can buy land in flr that double the size for a quater of what we pay here.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.