Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yep..in my city I got stopped for having my registration plate a notch to high, angle wise. Ther came 2 Polica vans and total 4 cops around me..talk about prioritize government founding?
When robbers, thiefs, rapers get free...

In norway theres no regulation saying what angle the plate should be, but even if they couldn't read it, theres no basis for clipping my plate.

Either you have to voilate some serious laws, not paying insurance or annual fee.

They first got pissed of on me becouse I argumented against them.
My layers office had closed for the weekend, so I had to call my local Kawasaki dealer who helped me with some temporarly plates so that I could get my bike home, all credits to them.

I called my local newspaper, and the journalist called me just now to set up an interview tomorrow morning. He said "You haven't tipped of the other newspapers?" He wanted exclusively rights to the story I guess.

One of the COPs said before they hurried away. " ..at least you won't get to ride in the weekend.."

I'll let you guys now how this goes.

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,402 Posts
That's rediculous, man! In the US (FL at least) they can take your drivers license, but you own the plate, they can't take it. I suppose they could void your registration and take the stickers, if they found some crazy law or violation or something, but the plate is yours, and is transferred to all your new vehicles. It stays with you.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
With no disrespect to any cops on the forum, it's safe to say that cops like that should be lined up and shot in the head execution style after they've they've taken some hot razors to the penis.

·
Premium Member
11,912 Posts
Originally posted by rockstar84
With no disrespect to any cops on the forum, it's safe to say that cops like that should be lined up and shot in the head execution style after they've they've taken some hot razors to the penis.
That has to be the most level-headed and reasonable solution I've ever heard on this forum. You truly have a great perspective on things...

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
Originally posted by rockstar84
First off, we don't allow comments like saying a cop should be killed, this can result in an account being banned.

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,402 Posts
Originally posted by iroman

That has to be the most level-headed and reasonable solution I've ever heard on this forum. You truly have a great perspective on things...
lmao [:M50]

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
That's the second crazy story I've heard from Norway.

The cops in that country seem to really have it out for you guys. All I can is...that sucks.

·
Registered
7,468 Posts
that really sucks man, i hope you the best w/ that. The worst case in the US is theyll take your DL from you

·
Registered
45 Posts
sorry to hear it man, being from norway myself i know all about how unreasonable some of the police can be.. arguing will 9.999 times out of 10 just piss them off but not change their mind.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You have the rights to protest against the police, it's the freedom
of speach. I'm not standing there as a yes-man only becouse they wear badges and uniforms. I did not raise my voice to them, I did not swear at htem, I asked them just some questions that didn't fall them for good. And they blamed me for working against them. Believe that...

Anwyay, the journalist was here today, took a bunch of pics me sitting on the bike. Noted everything down what I said. And I guess I will have my 15minutes of fame tomorrow.
Also I contacted my lawyer, he said that there was some disturbing trend going on here since one of the Policeman said that " well.. at least you won't get to drive this weekend..". by this statement, it means that the Police officer is giving you a punishment on the spot, it's their form of punishment, and as you all know, that is up to the court and judges in the country.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Originally posted by dragknt
That's rediculous, man! In the US (FL at least) they can take your drivers license, but you own the plate, they can't take it. .......the plate is yours, and is transferred to all your new vehicles. It stays with you.
I know for a fact in many european countries plates belong to the government and you have to give them back at local DMV-type establishments if you sell your vehicle. Those poor saps don't get to decorate their garage with their grandpa's license plates. I ran into this problem when I called up some old friends trying to get a front plate for my car from my homeland (in PA you only have a rear plate, you can put anything you want on the front). Unfortunately, there is no legal way to get one...

Jazz6r, I hope this works out for you in the end. It's difficult for nearly anyone here to give you any sort of advice since you live under a different set of rules and regulations than most of us, I'm sure. Although from a common sense standpoint you already seem to be doing everything right. Just get with your lawyer as soon as you can.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Just think now they cant trace you when you scream by them ;)

I carry mine in my backpack, and when you break as many traffic laws as me that is neccessary.

·
Sportbike Scum; Ex-Mod.
4,215 Posts
My g/f's sister lives in Norway... some of the things she's related to me about the government & lifestyle there would be totally repressive to us her in the USA. They have some good points, but what we'd take for granted as basic personal freedoms are "discouraged" by the government. For example - they don't want a "fast food" culture, so to encourage eating at home with the family, restaurants are prohibitively expensive... Pizza for 5 ran them over $120 US. A happy meal is somewhere in the $11 range. They like everyone to use public transportation, walk or ski wherever they're going.

So the attitude those cops had is not surprising. We don't realize that the freedoms we take for granted are not universal, even among countries that we consider modern and progressive.

Not for me, thanks.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.