Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I only have one key to the bike I picked up last week, and thought I lost it (when it was luckily just under my bed) last weekend. When it happened, I was sure I'd have to find another lock/key set off of eBay just to get the thing to start again.

So lesson learned: ALWAYS make sure you have an extra key someplace else!

·
Registered
605 Posts
I actually have 4 spare keys for my bike... the night I bought the bike I left the only key the guy had on the trailer then had to take the ignition to a locksmith

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
What do pink scooter keys look like?

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Originally posted by Parli32
Probably have a powerpuff figure on them.
I only have one spare key, and thats engough for me.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
I have my two originals... I can usually find one of them. I was just talking with someone the other day about how it would be nice to have like 6 of them :D

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by Parli32
It's been 3 years...the pink scooter thing is...ehh...I don't even bother explaining anymore.

[:M121] [:M121] [:M121]

[:M119]

·
Neutered
2006 MV Agusta F4 1000S
8,868 Posts
A locksmith can cut a key straight from your ignition column for about $100 or so...probably cheaper than replacing the whole ignition.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Originally posted by Bhavesh

It's been 3 years...the pink scooter thing is...ehh...I don't even bother explaining anymore.

[:M121] [:M121] [:M121]

[:M119]
I always gotta throw that one out there...[^]

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Good point. I made a spare right after I got my bike :) And it costs only a buck to cut and about 12 to get a blank key. Much better than taking ignition off and paying a 100 or more.

·
Premium Member
5,831 Posts
Glad you found it. I have a spare in a drawer that I never take out. I should probably make at least one more copy.

Another good reason is that keys do wear out. It's better to make a copy when the key is new.

·
Registered
7,468 Posts
i got my spare key about a week after i bought my bike. i rec for everyone to have a spare!

·
Registered
550 Posts
Learned the hard way with my CBR600 - lost my only key, and no locksmith in town would touch it. Found a guy in the internet that would do it, sent him the ignition lock and $75 and 2 weeks later I was back in action. That's a shitty price to pay for not having gotten a $10 spare before that.

But with the ZX6 I don't worry so much - I have the key code and the VIN, the dealer can get me a key in a couple of days for $20 even if I lose both of the keys it came with.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.