Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sick of sliding forward into the tank and my nuts are killing me. Does the corbin seat sit lower or is it just softer? Why does everyone seem to like these? Sorry for the seemingly stupid question.

KJ

·
Registered
452 Posts
the corbin is a bit lower and it makes more contact with your butt. its VERY hard though. i always go back and forth on whether i like mine or not. i usually switch between my corbin and stocker every few weeks. imo only slightly better comfort wise, but it will fix your sliding forward problem. or you can try some stomp grips to keep you from sliding. i might be interested in getting rid of mine if you wanted to try it out.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Originally posted by samps
on 03/04 yes
on 05/06 no
as far as I'm aware of they don't even offer an 05/06 seat

·
Registered
308 Posts
Originally posted by ZeRo_C0oL

as far as I'm aware of they don't even offer an 05/06 seat
LOL, you are right. That would make sense since the 05/06 seat is pretty damn nice compared to the 03/04.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
I had a corbin seat for my old YZF. I was NOT impressed with it at all. The stock seat was much better. Shop around, there are other companies out there besides corbin, they just are the most well known.

'05/'06 stock seat is pretty damn comfy IMO, almost as good as the stocker on my YZF was. I don't see the need for a different seat at all. Beats the hell outta the wooden planks they put on gixxers and CBRs.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies (and I do use my knees, thx). I have seen the threads about shaving the seat but am reluctant to do so for resale factors.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I have a Corbin and it is great...it does take some time to work in the padding/gel...but once it forms to your ass it is much nicer then the stocker seat.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have a Corbin on my 03 636. Not a huge difference vs. stock, but I do slide forward less, and it's more comfortable for longer rides, once it takes on your shape. Good things to keep you from sliding forward, especially under braking, are tank grip pads, like from TechSpec.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
Originally posted by kjones00
Thanks for the replies (and I do use my knees, thx). I have seen the threads about shaving the seat but am reluctant to do so for resale factors.
Then take my advice on this, if you're worried about selling it in the future..

This is what I always do:

I will almost ALWAYS buy an extra stock part that I can modify instead of modifying anything that CAME on my bike.. For instance, if you want to shave your seat, get someones seat off of ebay or the forum for next to nothing.. and shave away! Then when you want to sell it, you can sell one of the seats, or give the buyer both. Also, if you screw up and demolish that extra seat, are you going to cry about it and be without a ride for a week or longer? No! You have an extra.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.