Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's available. Lots of money. Anyone try it yet? I expected $240 but they want almost twice that. Why? They're crazy, considering the stock seat is the best I've seen. What we need is some risers that don't require chopping into the cowl.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Just make your own custom seat. whatever foam you want cut and carve it into the shape you want and uphoslter it.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Originally posted by numnuts
It's available. Lots of money. Anyone try it yet? I expected $240 but they want almost twice that. Why? They're crazy, considering the stock seat is the best I've seen. What we need is some risers that don't require chopping into the cowl.
Are you joeking? $480 for a seat? At that price I bet they've never sold any. What your paying for is funding to get the product into production. Stock works great for me.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
IMO corbin seats are WAY overrated by everyone. I had one for my old YZF and never liked it. It was too wide and never felt as good to my ass as the stock seat. The 05/06 stock seat on the ZX6R is very plush and great on long rides to me.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I have to agree. Our seats are BY FAR the most comfortable I have seen on a 600.

·
Registered
259 Posts
For that price you could dismantle your factory seat order replacement foam and have it carved and setup to your spec and then have the vinyl done with whatever graphics and still have like $400.00 left over to spend. Hmm... Tough choice here.

The prices are $299.00 front $199.00 rear. link http://www.corbin.com/kawasaki/kzx650r.shtml

·
Registered
550 Posts
That passenger pillion is hideous. [xx(]

Regardless, I agree that the stock is comfortable enough already. This is the first bike that my ass could outlive my wrists on lengthy rides. I don't see a need to make the seat more comfortable if I won't be able to hold on because my hand went numb.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Agreed, the pillon seat looks like crap. I will admit to liking how the rider seat looks tho. The did a nice job with the shape. Still going to stick with my cushy stock seat tho. I can think of much better things to spend $300 on.

·
Registered
5,642 Posts
I, too, like the front seat they made.. but I'm fine with my stock seat.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So...I guess nobody has bought one. I happen to be a corbin kinda guy. They transformed my Buell X1, made a 929 into a long distance possibility, fixed the forward nut-crunch on both of the busas and made my RC51 into a friendlier friend. I agree about the zx being a great seat, but I wonder if the last 100 miles of a 400 mile ride might not be less of a physical issue if I laid down the sweet moolah. I guess it's more like $300 I'll probably get one this winter, knowing myself.,

·
Registered
306 Posts
too much money man i like the stock seat its way better than most.i could use the 300+on somethin better[}:)]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.