Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It ain't necessarily the prettiest thing in the world (although I really don't think it looks too bad,) but man is this thing awesome if you commute. I had been using a backpack, and that's just a PITA, especially putting it on and off with an armored jacket. Plus they're uncomfortable as hell when you have a load in them. This thing is a dream. I'll never wear a backpack on a bike again. I just hate that it took me this long to get one. I saw one on here in someone's pics (HDRyder2) and asked him about it, he said he loved it, so that was good enough for me. I'm happy as hell I came across that. I'll actually be able to ride my bike to work every day instead of having to take my truck when I need just a few small things from around town. Love it.

Loaded here with an 18 pack of Miller Lite, 2 3-button polo-style shirts, a roll of dip (5 cans,) my A'Star SP-1's, rain cover, shoulder strap, keys, wallet, BlackBerry, my sunglasses, watch, other pocket stuff. No sweat. All the while I'm riding in comfort just like any other day :D

·
Registered
233 Posts
That is a great looking product. Watch the tail section with those tie downs. They will rub through the paint. I now wrap my bike in plastic wrap when I put luggage on. Looks silly, but works.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Never thought you could pack 18 cans of beer on a bike [:M35]. Functionality wise, that's a gem, looks wise...not too hot about it.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by Unobtanium636
That is a great looking product. Watch the tail section with those tie downs. They will rub through the paint. I now wrap my bike in plastic wrap when I put luggage on. Looks silly, but works.

I worry about that - I'm going to look for some neoprene sheet on a roll, so that maybe I can affix a larger pad to the bottom that will go around the corners of the tail so the straps don't rub. The pad it has keeps the rear straps from touching, but the front straps do go straight across the tail and I don't like it. Should be an easy fix, assuming I can find some neoprene.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Originally posted by BrandonM7

I worry about that - I'm going to look for some neoprene sheet on a roll, so that maybe I can affix a larger pad to the bottom that will go around the corners of the tail so the straps don't rub. The pad it has keeps the rear straps from touching, but the front straps do go straight across the tail and I don't like it. Should be an easy fix, assuming I can find some neoprene.
where would you get something like that? my tailbag's straps do the same thing and i'd like to add some protection. some kinda rubber sheet would be nice.

·
Got lime? I do
16,736 Posts
i use a large fanny pack with drink holders on each side. strap it to the passenger seat. no rubbing paint. it has plenty of room for what i need.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by sakura
Never thought you could pack 18 cans of beer on a bike [:M35]. Functionality wise, that's a gem, looks wise...not too hot about it.

Same here. But I decided I was tired of only getting to ride it to work one or two days a week, only getting to have fun in the evenings and on weekends. So I said screw appearances, I'd rather have a bike I ride the wheels off of than a pretty one that I get to play with every once in a while. I'm quite pleased with my decision.

And no, I wasn't drinking and riding - just have to get some home for when I'm drinking and wrenching. [:M4]

·
Registered
39 Posts
Have you thought about using a neoprene knee brace??? Like cutting it up and fixing it so it would protect the bike. Surely that would be cheaper than buying a roll of it.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by DAF664
thats a Cortech by Tourmaster not Corbin

I don't know why the fuck Corbin came out of my fingers when Cortech was in my mind, but you're absolutely right - I don't even think Corbin makes bags (or do they?) Just before the post me and my dad were talking about Corbin seats for his Suzuki M50, so I guess my mind was wandering. Regardless, cool bag - Cortech/Tour Master makes some really nice shit. I sure wish the Cortech jackets fit my skinny frame right, because his perforated leather Cortech is a way nice jacket, and it really didn't cost much.

Anyway, thanks for the correction - not sure where my head was when I typed it.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Originally posted by YaleZZR600
Have you thought about using a neoprene knee brace??? Like cutting it up and fixing it so it would protect the bike. Surely that would be cheaper than buying a roll of it.

Very good idea, and probably close to what I'll do - my wife mentioned something similar eariler today. I have about 30 Havoline Racing can coozies that are neoprene that my buddy gave me (he bought 100 on eBay for like $10, and spread them around.) I was sitting there with one in my hand wondering where to get neoprene, and she just slapped me in the head and pointed at my beer can. Duh. I can take a couple of them and cut them apart, sew them into sleeves to cover the bungees where they cross the tail, and it'll all be fixed. Don't know why it didn't occur to me without her calling me a dumbass, but, well, it takes her calling me a dumbass for me to think of lots of things. :D

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Ive been using a $14 bag I found at Target for a tail bag. Not nearly as large but it attaches to the seat itself and works for a ballcap, camera, wallet, house keys and some other small things.

DAF664 - What tank bag is that on your bike? Looks nice and small and I see that you are able to use all the magnets on it instead of having to strap it down.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.