Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone...I have an 04 636 with track fairings...I am converting it to street use and am buying an upper fairing and headlight cluster. However, I was looking at the rear fairing and thought I might be able to get away with putting an undertail kit on it with integrated lights? Is it possible with light modding/drilling? I really like the way the race tail looks, but I gotta have taillights for the street. Any input would be great. Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
177 Posts
hey 636nTN you could probally get away with one of those hotbodies ones that stick on so to speak with some minor drilling etc as per one of those complete undertray replacements i am making the assumption that your tail is 1 solid piece top and bottom are connected wtih no seams...

i will link to a ebay auction of what im discussing.

this is what i was thinking about

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mini...m14QQhashZitem270280830726QQitemZ270280830726

however you would probally be better off getting the stock rear light setup from a 07 08 Zx6R and Fabricating somthing to connect it to the subframe of your bike that would be the route i would go if i was you.

Edit: and as per front trun signals... get the Mirrors with turn signals in them....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey 636nTN you could probally get away with one of those hotbodies ones that stick on so to speak with some minor drilling etc as per one of those complete undertray replacements i am making the assumption that your tail is 1 solid piece top and bottom are connected wtih no seams...

i will link to a ebay auction of what im discussing.

this is what i was thinking about

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mini-Undertail-ZX6-R-ZX6-ZX6R-03-04-Pearl-Black_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ72Q3a1205Q7c39Q3a1Q7c66Q3a2Q7c65Q3a12Q7c240Q3a1318QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem270280830726QQitemZ270280830726

however you would probally be better off getting the stock rear light setup from a 07 08 Zx6R and Fabricating somthing to connect it to the subframe of your bike that would be the route i would go if i was you.

Edit: and as per front trun signals... get the Mirrors with turn signals in them....
Yeah, the bottom is one solid piece top and bottom...that is a great idea though...that is perfect...I was thinking about an 07 or 08 taillight, but fabricating didn't even cross my mind...thanks, that is exactly what i'm going to do...:D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help...2nd question though...Is there any other option I have other than to buy the upper fairing and headlight? Like running wires for separate lights somewhere in the body? Or ultra-bright LEDs? I appreciate the help

·
Registered
706 Posts
Thanks for the help...2nd question though...Is there any other option I have other than to buy the upper fairing and headlight? Like running wires for separate lights somewhere in the body? Or ultra-bright LEDs? I appreciate the help
you could probably get away with single LED's if you wire them correctly and make a cool design or something LED's you've drilled and glue in place to keep the look flush and one piece.

·
Registered
177 Posts
if your going to have to pass inspection to ride your not going to get away with LED's however im sure you could find somthing that you could mount to the forks and stick in front of the bike for legality reasons....

IE: Fab up a metal mounting bracket that connects to the forks and comes up in front of the front nose that allows you to mount a DOT approved head lamp.

thinkin about that further... probally from the frame is a better way to do it as the forks move from left to right and im not certain if they would consider that a problem....

edit: when its all done i would like to see some pictures of the final product.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
if your going to have to pass inspection to ride your not going to get away with LED's however im sure you could find somthing that you could mount to the forks and stick in front of the bike for legality reasons....

IE: Fab up a metal mounting bracket that connects to the forks and comes up in front of the front nose that allows you to mount a DOT approved head lamp.

thinkin about that further... probally from the frame is a better way to do it as the forks move from left to right and im not certain if they would consider that a problem....

edit: when its all done i would like to see some pictures of the final product.
I will make sure to post some pics when I get done with everything...lol

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
with my attack plastics i put on the stock undertail with brake lights for occasional street use. didnt line up perfect but did ok with some zip ties.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts