Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
DEATH TO THE ISA!!!
10,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys....this is the first time that I have to add coolant/change the brake fluid so I'm not really sure how long both last.

I'm at 1800 miles right now and my coolant just fell below the lower line and my front brake fluid is nearly gone. I just got back from vacation and altho I knew the coolant was getting low, the front brake fluid seemed fine before I left. Now it's almost completely empty. I checked it before I rode today (I was gonna go for a ride but went to the store to get brake fluid instead), while I was riding and after the engine cooled when I got back - but the brake fluid was extremely low at all times.

I went for my intial check at 700 miles and they made no mention of a leak. But surely brake fluid should last more than 1800 miles, shouldn't it? Same for coolant? My rear brake fluid is almost completely full (probably because I never use it...) but my front is almost gone. I looked around for leaks but couldn't really find anything. I'm thinking of going to the dealer and asking them.

How often do ya'll need to add coolant/switch out brake fluid?

·
Powerhungry
38,429 Posts
well the coolant may be leaking from one of the clamps. a fairly common thing for this bike. as far as brake fluid, the only time it should go down is if u either have a leak or the pads are wearing down. check to be sure its not leaking at all the connections. also check how much pad you have left.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Kawasaki somehow tweaked the top radiator mount and on some bikes the radiator breaks and leaks at that point. Pull up your tank and take off the airbox I bet you will find the bottom all green from the coolant like mine was.

·
Get off of my lawn Dammit
45,304 Posts
brake fluid should NOT be gone after 1800 miles. I'd say "warranty" and make sure they fix it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.