Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
easy low side off of the track at Spokane at I'm guessing 40mph. I have not had a chance to ride the bike because I have a separated AC joing in my left shoulder.

There is a larger than normal gap between the fuel tank/airbox and the frame on the right (12mm Right, 8mm left), as well as the plastics on the right are farther from the frame than the ones on the left. The bike went down on the left side.

The dealership in town is horrible and I really do not want to take the bike to them. What can I do to determine if the frame is bent or not? If it is, where do I go from there?

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
It is very unusual to bend a frame in a lowside, and they usually get bent in high speed tumbles. Look for bent brackets that hold the fairing/tank. A frame shop will digitize (measure) your frame for 40-60 bucks if you need to check it, but I doubt it is bent.

·
Registered
180 Posts
These bikes crash extremely well, even in tumbles. I'd be willing to bet that your tank and its bracket/bolts got a little bent up. Your frame wouldn't really bend in that direction or fashion anyway. Pull the tank up and take a look at the two side bolts and anything that might be propping something up on the underside.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I'd bet ur tank moved before the frame if anything. But taking a look at those pics, your frame on the right side does have a noticeable indentation. I'd take it to a shop like Ernie said above.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Put the bike on a center stand and measure from the frame to the ground. Check both sides in multiple points.This would be more accurate than measuring from the frame to the tank. Use a string.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Mine was like that after taking my tank off my bike.....Try taking off your tank completely an then putting it back on.....

·
Registered
149 Posts
dude you frame looks fine I just took a messurment with my digital caliper and I cam out with 9.6mm on each sidr you must of just bent a braket to you gas tank cover.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the input guys!

I will try most of the suggestions once my shoulder heals up and I have two arms again!

I really would be in shock if it was bent from such a non violent lowside

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.