Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are a couple pics I just scanned in..

ZX-10R:

These bikes are the production bikes, with the new forks on them (Diamond like coating, hence the black tubes):

Orange, but weird lighting with the camera, much brighter in person:

Damn this is ugly:

I want one:

Also some pics from the CN tower in Toronto, which is the tallest freestanding structure in the world. We had a friend from South America with us, so we took him sight-seeing, hence these pics.

We were at about 1100 feet where these pics were taken. We could have gone upto almost 1500 feet, but its more expensive

The tower from below:

Part of Toronto Harbour:

Those buildings below are like 30 stories:

There is a glass floor you can walk on:

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Being as I'm scared to death of heights, I would have crapped myself walking on that glass floor.

Awesome pics though!

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also, was it my imagination, or did anyone else notice the rear tire on the bike was marked a Dunlop 218 ?? I just glanced at it quickly because it not look like a 208..
Have not seen a 218 before.. 208 yes... 218 no..

Also, the pics on Kawi USA's website seem to have bridgestones on them. Last minute change maybe?

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
That CBR is so ugly it's not even funny. I don't think the ZX10 is going to win any beauty pageants either, but its 100x better then the Honda. I can't wait until the magazines do shootouts with the liter bikes. When does the 10R come out again?

·
Registered
530 Posts
IMHO, the cbr is not bad looking, just a little boring, kinda sport-tourey.

I suspect when the liter bike shootout results will be similar to those of the '03 600 shootouts (except the gixxer won't be the underdog).

·
Registered
26 Posts
hey canadians - been to canada several times but never been the driver - now that i'm living a few hours from the border i'm curious of the policy on driving over there from the US - my question is i had a dwi a few years ago and ive heard rumors that i will be banned. is this true?

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If they pull up your license, maybe.
Its the same when we goto the US, many criminal offences will prevent you from going to the US from Canada, or vise versa.

90% of the time they dont check your license though, just "citizenship? how long will you be in Canada? Cya later"

But if they do check it, they might tell you to turn around.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
What day did you end up going on CDN ???

We went Saturday. I'll post pics too, but unfortunately most of 'em were taken at the Teknic booth - I found they had the sexiest "models" ahem...

The 10R was impressive as hell. Felt like a damn 600 for size and weight. The red R1 was perty too, but I'm still bugged by the upside-down swingarm and the stupid heart-shaped seat. The CBR? Eewwwww. I know sitting on a bike and riding it are two different things - but I'm telling you, it felt SO top-heavy it's scary. The Honda rep didn't like me calling him on things, like the CBR being overweight and underpowered, and he even had the nerve to say the CBR600RR was the undisputed king of the 600 class this year. He didn't like hearing how many shootouts I had where it was put in its place, plus the fact that there was another guy there saying he bought the Honda and WISHED he bought the 636 cuz his buddy with a 636 just embarasses him in a straight line. I actually made FRIENDS with a Honda owner right then. :D

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
is the RC211V coming to edmonton?? please tell me it is!! any racers gonnabe there too?

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
I think both the Honda and the Kawasaki are hot! They are both quite similar, so how can the Honda look ugly and the Kawasaki scream sex? Doesn't make much sense to me, but then again, what do I know?[8)]

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
I just think the front end is pretty ugly. The 600 front end looks better. The ram air is lined up strangely with the headlights on the 1000. It just doesn't look right to me. I do like the dual exit exhaust on the 1000 more than the 600 though. To me, the R1 is the sex machine of 04. It's freaky deaky sexy. [:p][:p]

·
Registered
84 Posts
I don't know why you guys think the Honda is ugly.[?] From all the bike I like the CBR1000RR the most. The Honda has the most racy looks and has the most GP techno goodies on it. The R1 looks like they tried too hard to make it look purrrty. The Kawasaki is alright. To me the Honda's the most bang for the money.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Also, was it my imagination, or did anyone else notice the rear tire on the bike was marked a Dunlop 218 ?? I just glanced at it quickly because it not look like a 208..
Have not seen a 218 before.. 208 yes... 218 no..

Also, the pics on Kawi USA's website seem to have bridgestones on them. Last minute change maybe?

no its not ya imagination "they're a development of the D208
road tyre used in the australian superstock series" from AMC mag
184hp on the zx10r crazy

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.