Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep, I've just found that I've cracked the second frame on my '95 ZX-6R although this one took twice as long to crack as the first one.[:I]

This crack runs from the top of the left ram air hole in the frame up to the top of the frame rail and along the weld at the top of the rail.
I'll find out this afternoon what is going to happen as far as fixing it goes, whether I get a replacement frame or weld it back together.

No pictures yet sorry but I'll try to get some and post them.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, funny stuff guys. Anyway I've only hit one 'roo with this frame, and THAT was only a joey, and I only ran over his tail...I think.

Kawasaki Australia are going to take care of the frame for me.:)

I love Kawasaki's.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Every time you come up with a new crack I go out and look at my frame with my fingers crossed. I have a feeling that if mine were cracked Kawasaki USA would not be as magnanimous.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's good to hear that you're frame hasn't cracked yet swjohnsey. I have a friend who bought a ZX-6R at the same time I bought mine (She actually bought the one I wanted) a couple of days after they were released. She has done about 75,000kms (47,000 miles) and as far as I know the frame on her bike has no cracks. It certainly dosen't have any like mine has had.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm up to 181,000km now.:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.