Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought about getting one of these as well.. ( I can get a decent priced one at Checkers) The thing I didn't like about it was that it looked as though you would need to strap down the bike to the jack.. I just went with a pitbull rear, and am waiting for extra$$ for the front.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
I've got one:D It's pretty sweet, and yes, you have to strap it down (the jack comes with straps and has eye loops to hook to). It works really well, and I can use it alone, no help is really needed to get it on. The hardest part is getting the first strap tight, but after that, it's going nowhere. In this pic, I was changing the tires and sprockets and chain and the bike sat on the jack for a week straight and never budged an inch. I recommend getting one.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Handles? I'm guessing that you mean the plastic. Unfortunately, it can't be used with the fairings on. It sucks, I know, but only takes me five minutes or so to remove them, and doing the work yourself saves a LOT of money.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
"and doing the work yourself saves a LOT of money"

exactly and your learn soo much and you know the job is done right....

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
:D

Thanks for co-signing Andy!
By the way, how close to Pittsburgh are you? I might have a job coming up there soon and will be there a month or so.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tommy.. I meant your pillion rear handles, and your gauge cover. are those painted, or did you change them out?

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Oh, my bad:D Actually, the guy I bought the bike from polished the rear handles, and to tell you the truth, I never noticed that the guage cover was originally black. Good eye;)

I'm thinking about polishing the rims and frame this winter, but haven't decided yet. I'll probably spend time trying to find more horsepower instead.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.