Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Help needed: Craigslist ad for bike, my friend is looking at

http://fresno.craigslist.org/cto/4070024877.html

Look at the ad. I'm looking for your thoughts on the bike. He has a Ford 4x4 he was actually looking to sell. I told him to check VINs but still the "new engine" thing is worrysome and the fact that it's a GXR and we all know it's a squid-bike and possibility of getting stolen.

And he knows not to use a used helmet.

Anything I'm missing?

Sent from some shady person's basement.

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
an old gixxer for 4g's?!

fucking hell no way. Up here in Canada bikes are 4-5g's more then in the usa. used newer gixxers sells for low 6's. Like a 2011 usually will sell for 6400 with under 8k km.

An old gixxer like that would be 3k tops up here. And with friggen 53k miles or 85000KM holy fuck...that thing would be like 1500 here. Tell that guy to blow it out of his ass bc no one is gonna pay that

Don't believe me? check it

http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-motorcycles-street-cruisers-choppers-2010-Suzuki-GSX-R600-only-4000-KMS-W0QQAdIdZ524281947

http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-motorcycles-sport-bikes-2007-gsxr-750-W0QQAdIdZ523839098

Thing is in Alberta, anyone who buys a gixxer is usually dirt poor already and need the cash asap. Mostly kids who still live at home and realize they actually have no money.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
an old gixxer for 4g's?!

fucking hell no way. Up here in Canada bikes are 4-5g's more then in the usa. used newer gixxers sells for low 6's. Like a 2011 usually will sell for 6400 with under 8k km.

An old gixxer like that would be 3k tops up here. And with friggen 53k miles or 85000KM holy fuck...that thing would be like 1500 here. Tell that guy to blow it out of his ass bc no one is gonna pay that

Don't believe me? check it

2010 Suzuki GSX-R600, only 4000 KMS!! - Alberta Street Motorcycles, Cruisers, Choppers For Sale - Kijiji Alberta Canada.

2007 gsxr 750 - St. Albert Sport Bikes For Sale - Kijiji St. Albert Canada.

Thing is in Alberta, anyone who buys a gixxer is usually dirt poor already and need the cash asap. Mostly kids who still live at home and realize they actually have no money.
dont forget that it also has a salvaged title...lmao...i'd offer $800

you should be able to get an 06 or new gsxr 750 for 4k

·
Registered
941 Posts
dont forget that it also has a salvaged title...lmao...i'd offer $800

you should be able to get an 06 or new gsxr 750 for 4k
Well, it does look decent. If it runs and rides ok with no evidence of issues, I would go as high as a grand.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Obviously the price is kinda ridiculous, the 4x4 he was going to trade is worth only about $1k. So he would be getting the better deal I think...

But yeah this bike is pretty worthless.

Thanks for your input

Sent from some shady person's basement.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I'm always skeptical when people say it was a 5mph drop but meanwhile everything was replaced and the bike has a salvage title. I don't know too many insurance companies who are willing to fix things that aren't broken. Sounds to me like the crash was worse then it was made out to be.

The replacement engine thing is a whole nother story

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
A salvage title is not a 5mph drop. That bike was totaled then rebuilt, there's no way around it being any other case.

If it where not for that fact, yes its a 750 that will bump the price up a little bit from a 600 but even if it was accident free and pristine with low miles the most I would pay for that bike would be 3k.

The salvage title alone would keep me from even looking at it though unless they where selling it for 3 digits.

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts