Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know if it would be of benefit to remove the hose that goes from the crankcase to the airbox and replace it with one of those small K&N breather filters? I was just wondering because I've seen it done on many import race cars.
Thanks

·
Registered
534 Posts
do a search on kleen removal. i remember reading something about the crankcase vent relying on vac. err somthing like that. that the guy had the hose removed and had some loss in hp. [B)]

·
Registered
363 Posts
It would look cool.
All that does is help to release pressure from the crank case that is created whe the crank is spinning moving oil. The hose should have a filter on it cause sometimes the crank case creates a vaccuum and will draw air in. It goes into the stock airbox right now and you need the stock airbox to benefit from your ram air system. On my other bike I got rid of the stock air box and have velocity stacks on the throttle bodies cause it does not have ram air and this way it can breath better. Because I did that I had to put a filter on my crank vent. I used a performance one not just a little paper one cause those little K&N will get clogged from the oil heavy air that is coming out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.