Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having problems cranking my bike up in the mornings. I just bought my '02 last august and I had no problems...then winter came. When I took it out after a couple of months the bike wouldn't start. I had to walk it to the bike shop (lucky the shop is only a couple of blocks away) then when they put it in the shop it started without them doing anything to it :( i'm just wondering if its the gas i'm putting in it or is it something else? i put BP gas in it most of the time.

El DoS

·
Registered
18 Posts
how many miles are on the bike? i know Yamaha's are renound for having that problem...it has something to do with the fuel injection. but it should only happen when it's cold out.

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The bike has 3,000 miles on it. I also thought it might be the cold waether but the other day was about 55 degrees and it didn't want to turn on either. i had to crank it about 7 times before it turned on.

NYC potholes SUCK!

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:( i should go back to Florida but can't seem to get away from my beloved New York[^]

NYC potholes SUCK!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Kawasaki's are just cold blooded... Mine "01" has a hard time starting with/without choke on cool days when its been sitting outside. Even though its jetted and full system, its real touchy at times on how much choke and giving just the right amount of gas to get it fired and running, once running no problems.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
You are using the choke to start the bike, right?
Full choke, crank bike. When it fires up, adjust choke to let the engine run @ ~1500-2000 rpms for @ 1 minute. Shut off choke. Go riding.

BC.

I didn't do it, I swear.
And even if I did, what makes you think I would admit it to you?

·
Premium Member
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah. i'm using the choke. Actually, i have foung better results for some odd reason starting it with the choke lever at 3/4 of the way out. hehehe....it's got personality.[8D]

NYC potholes SUCK!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.