Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i did a search with no luck on finding who makes crash bars for my bike im not looking for a cage because i love to hit the canyons. ive seen 1FAST05 with some crash bars on his bike that look really nice was trying to find something like that.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool thx alot, exactly what i was looking for. wish i looked into this before i bought my sliders for like $50 less -_- damn...

·
Registered
249 Posts
hence why the dude said he didint want a cage get the rails mxd is going out of business and fi's loop will drag and throw you off in corners. go powers all the way

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok now the question is how do withstand on a lowside compared to sliders? reason im asking is because i already bought my sliders and im not rich...i would love to buy these but has anyone had any real experience with these in a crash? how did they hold up?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey guys, those are from powers stuntworkx I havent used them yet but they are bolted at 2 points instead of 1 and to me that will work way better than sliders! and everyone likes them!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Yes it attatches to 2 mounting points basically, the tranny bolt and 2 motormounts. makes it like a triangle.
But you do have to cut your Clutch side fairing for all of you wondering.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I just lowsided with mine yesterday and they withstood and protected great. I have a few minor scratches on the upper and mid faring (left side) and the stator cover looks like someone sandblasted half of it (sorry no pics) I have a feeling most of the damage was due to going in the ditch. The bar has hardly a scratch on it except for a minor one around the mushroom but thats it. The other 2 guys that went down b4 and after me had much worse damage done. One had sliders one didnt. They are both getting the bars this week lol.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by Salgonza
Yes it attatches to 2 mounting points basically, the tranny bolt and 2 motormounts. makes it like a triangle.
But you do have to cut your Clutch side fairing for all of you wondering.
would it be the same cut as having sliders on there? oh wait yo said clutch side:( that would be the right side correct? or did you mean the clutch lever? which is on the left side;)

·
Registered
297 Posts
You cut the left side, same as the sliders. If you cut as little as possible, you actually cut less off than you would for a slider diameter to fit (unless you got the little metal spacer with your sliders that would make them even more prone to snapping off). Oh and they don't get in the way for anything except getin the oil cap off. I changed my oil as I was installing mine but I think you'll have to loosen the rear bolt to move the bar a little for the cap to clear.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.