Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't waste money on crash protector (frame sliders in the U.S.) that attach to fairing mounting screws. There is a U.K. company, R&G Racing that makes quality frame sliders that use the motor mount bolts. The '02 also requires a modified coolant tank so the prices is a little higher.

Cans are a personal preference thing. Find a bike that has one with sound and looks that suit you. It is easy to change but be sure to get a new crush gasket.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well, got my stickers off okay, and the bike looks much better for it :) Next mod is gotta be crash bungs, how do these fit to the bike, can anyone recommend a good set to get, and where to get em (in the uk). Do these screw into the faring screws at the side of the bike, bit of a novice here.

Im also looking to change the can for something that looks a bit better, something ideally i could change myself, sound a little better but not make the rest of the bike blow up when i start it without modding it further.

cheers again![:p][^][:p][^]

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
What?? No push of the Akrapovic DJ? You must not have seen the question about what exhaust he should get;) By the way, did they give you a raise yet, or do you just work off commission?[:p] Sorry for the bashing, but I'm bored:D

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
You're lucky you're in the UK, the 2 best options for crash protection are readily available to you...RhenCullen or RG Racing. Do a search for more info on this site on 'em. Both have their pros/cons but are by far the best on the pre 2003 6R's.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Originally posted by TommyV

What?? No push of the Akrapovic DJ? You must not have seen the question about what exhaust he should get;) By the way, did they give you a raise yet, or do you just work off commission?[:p] Sorry for the bashing, but I'm bored:D
Bah, I've never PUSHED them on anybody. Most people already know my stance ;)

As I always say, there's TONS of good exhausts on the market. I just feel that one is just slightly better [}:)]

·
Registered
4 Posts
i checked the R&G bungs at hein garich today, £99 for them due to the coolant bit on them, but you need to drill into the faring to fit them according to the guy in the shop, if thats the case, i think ill give it a miss. On the flipside, i did walk away with a new arai black helmet today, which makes the bike so much cooler with me on it :D

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Yeah unfortunatly you have to drill, but that the price you have to pay to get them mounte dinto the motor mounts rather that using the pathetic dairing bolts. Rehn Cullen avoids the drilling my using a bracjet that moves them up. You might like that a bit better.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Originally posted by Grunt_99

Yeah unfortunatly you have to drill, but that the price you have to pay to get them mounte dinto the motor mounts rather that using the pathetic dairing bolts. Rehn Cullen avoids the drilling my using a bracjet that moves them up. You might like that a bit better.
Grunt? You drunk? You got baaaaaaaad fingers today!!! LOL ;)

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Originally posted by dj dunzie

Originally posted by Grunt_99

Grunt? You drunk? You got baaaaaaaad fingers today!!! LOL ;)
TODAY? I wish it was just today, but sadly I am the worst typer ever. Bad since I'm in IT. I can type fast, but I am too lazy to proofread, and my fingers are too fat for the damn keys. So it looks like this alarming trend will continue...sorry guys :D

·
Registered
153 Posts
So how do the Sato's frame sliders compare with the rg racing sliders? Do they mount differently on the bike? Is one better than the other?

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Got some Vortex frame sliders on my wheels of speed. They're great since they've got a metal base and a replace-able Delrin slider. You can also get an aluminum slider as well for a few extra quid. These bolt up straight into the motor mounts and leave plenty of clearence for the bodywork.

The really nice touch is that the bolt used to mount the slider to the base is a hex key that goes all the way through the bolts. This benifits those that throw it down at stupid speeds. A little grinding might be required for those exceptionally silly offs to get that bolt out, but it's my opinion that this is a very sound design.

I got mine from www.kneedraggers.com and the spare slider was another fifteen bucks. Well worth it.[^]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.