Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Well, i've had my 905 on my 06 636 for about three weeks now and I finally put it to use. Here is my story (prepare to laugh).

I was stopped at a red light about 6 cars back and the light usually takes forever. So I put it in neutral and did the thing where you try to balance sitting on the bike without your feet on the ground to pass the time. Well, I got bored of that, so I put my side stand down (since this light takes looooong) and sat with my feet up on the cage. Yup, beautiful sunny day, relaxin on my bike at a red light. Well, light turns green, I turn the bike straight, pull in the clutch, then kick the stand up. I believe my foot hit the shifter, and knocked me into first silently. I let my clutch go and the bike shot forward!! GROWL!! Whent straight forward about 3 feet and fell to the right. I got up and the only damage was a single scrape on the cage. I do not want to know what it would have been like if I didn't have that cage on there. I will post photos later of my cage and the damage :)

I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy I put that cage on! It takes some getting use to on your standing position when your stopped because your knees can hit it, but boy was it worth it!!

I can do stoppies, but can't start my bike at a red light. :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Black one :)
- flush front turn signals
- integrated tail kit
- Sock exhaust with the under bracket removed
- Muffler completely removed and painted with high-temp black paint
- License plate mounted underneath rear (drilled through plastic to mount and used rubber washers under the ECU)

The pictures will come after 5 :)

·
Registered
394 Posts
how much is a good crash cage? I have the vortex sliders on my bike, but am entertaining the idea of a cage instead, just for added protection.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
ohh man, I always put it in first without the clutch and it just stalls haha i dont know why I always forgot the clutch. In my car it wont let you put it in first unless the clutch is down.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Weird coincedince, last night at Sonic Bike Night I saw some poor guy loop his black '06...I bet he wishes he had a cage. It looked like he was trying to do a standup, but he 12:00'd his Two Brothers and it went over.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Originally posted by Sonicgiraffe
Weird coincedince, last night at Sonic Bike Night I saw some poor guy loop his black '06...I bet he wishes he had a cage. It looked like he was trying to do a standup, but he 12:00'd his Two Brothers and it went over.
SHITTY DEALS!!!! Thats gotta suck, brand new bike($9000) and new exhaust ($700?), 1 wheelie gone bad = [xx(] Mucho $$$$ to replace or repair!!!

·
Registered
460 Posts
I'll try to post some pics of mine when I get home. Haven't had to use my 905 yet, but would much rather scratch it than wreck the engine covers and/or fairings.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

My bike is flippin dirty. You can see the scrape on the right hand side of the cage in the one photo. That was from my fall at the light. When I layed the bike down on purpose for the other photos, the cage didn't scratch up :)

I purchased my cage from www.crashcage.com. I think you can probably order it directly from 905 though (probably for cheaper). Let me know what you all think !

·
Registered
634 Posts
nice cage. I bet all the cars behind you were laughing their asses off. sounds kind of embarassing. I would never of told anyone. [8D]

·
Registered
181 Posts
Cage looks damn good actually. I was expecting some kind of nasty looking steel shit, but that looks pretty tight.
photo's are cool too, looks like she's trying to roll over in the grass :)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.