Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on my way home from a ride before I went to the beach for a week and a half I am coming down my road riding behind someone. They stop to take a left into a golf course so I am sitting behind them waiting for them to turn. All of a sudden I here skids and as soon as I go to turn around I am nailed from behind. Luckily the guy swerved and didnt run me into the other car.

I was wearing my leathers so not a single sratch, just a bruised ankle. I think I flew off the bike and landed on his hood then slid to the ground. Bikes at the shop the mechanic says he think it will be totaled. Pics dont look that bad but its pretty torn. Oh yeah without the exhaust the bike sounds wicked.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Sorry to hear. Glad you are okay and the gear did its job. Hope you get a new bike soon and back on two wheels.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Ouch. I'm glad to hear you were geared up and didn't get hurt. Hopefully the idiot that did this to you will cough up enough dough so that you can afford some new wheels.

·
Registered
307 Posts
That's why I when I stop I get to the l or r side of the lane next to the lines with the bike in gear and looking in my mirror while stopped. It leaves me a way out.I had a guy hit me from behind at a stop light with a expidition on my harley with my wife on back. It threw her off the bike and she bounced off a deisel truck trailer and almost got ran over by the back wheels of the trailer. I always stop like this now without exception. To my wifes credit she still rides with me on the harley because the kawi is a one man ride just like her, me only! Cages just dont look for us so we have to look out for them. To the harleys cedit it took the hit very well with only 400.00 damage to it.

green the only way to flllyyy![:p][^]:D

·
Registered
56 Posts
Check underneath your rearsets, the stock ones easily crack. If it's totalled you may want to buy back (at pennies on the dolalr) from the insurance company for parts.

Glad your OK. I don't go anywhere without total protection, even if I'm sweating bullets.

Here in California, I always split the lane (legal here) and go to the front of the line, I know a guy here in the BMW club that got rear ended but wound up with a broken back. I now always were hard back protection.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah I guess its a waiting game to see how much I get from Geico, hopefully enough to get an 04 636(green or black) or a 04-05 gsxr750

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.