Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend crashed his '05 636 and I bought it from him. The bike has no gauge cluster. I put the keys on, turn it the the "ON" and i hear a crank BUT it doesnt do anything after pressing the ignition button. I havent really worked on it yet and wondering if the bike really wont start without the gauge cluster. I found where the vehicle-down sensor but I don't know what to do. Any step by step advice guys?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Does it turn over or do nothing when you hit the button? I am not sure, but I believe the down sensor keeps the fuel pump from coming on so if it is just the sensor, then it should turn over but get no fuel. If that is the case you just need to run a jumper wire to bypass the sensor.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It doesnt do anything when I hit the button.
Im not sure how to bypass the sensor but I'll look at it in the manual i just bought.

·
Registered
277 Posts
You can bypass the sensor by takeing it apart and glueing the pendulum in the center but i doubt thats your problem. I have no idea how it went down but the engine stop switch on these and many other bikes is not too crash friendly. Might try to bypass that switch first. The clip ons usualy take a hit ya know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.