Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Track = Pueblo Motorsports Park (Pueblo, CO)

Bike = 2006 ZX6R 636
Tires = Michelin Pure's (30/28 psi)
Jacket = Icon Overlord Prime with Icon Field Armor Back Protector
Pants = Bilt Racing (cheap I know but I wear them for a reason)
Helmet = Bell Star (2013 model)
Gloves = Held Phantoms (old model)
Boots = Sidi Vertigo

Description:
2nd session of the morning in the early 80F temps. First time on track but nothing hard, basically a 1/4 mile track then some turns after. Was about 3rd or 4th time around that session going into turn 1 which is a decent right hand sweeper after the 1/4 mile straight so was probably in the 70-80mph. Was dragging knee through the apex about to pick it up for the next turn and the whole bike went at what felt like that same time. Rear didn't' slip and front didn't tuck. Slid for about 5sec on my right side then managed to get on my back sliding for another few seconds after that, lifted my legs/arms/head in the air for safety but hit a sand dune off the track and flipped once. Faceshield flew off (wasn't in the lock position) and my left arm/leg slammed into the ground. Got up and accidentally popped my left elbow back into place lol. Went to the ER, no broken bones just severe tissues damage on my elbow and leg which makes it feel broke. Everything held up amazing! Boots are usable, jacket has no tears or stress, gloves are perfect, pants need replacing, and helmet has scratches but no cracks. Other than my elbow and shin on my leg I don't hurt at all! I'm not even sore.

Supposed to deploy this coming Sat so hopefully the severe bruising goes away cause I can't really walk or carry anything but the bike runs great still and everything but my helmet and pants can be worn again. Could probably wear the helmet but integrity is compromised and I have plenty more. If you have questions about bike mods or gear let me know.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Thank you for your service.
Congrats on walking away, always a plus.
Good luck on healing, quickly. (it takes what it takes...)
Cheers!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys and I'm not sure, was hoping a tire guru could help walk me through it if possible but there are so many variables. Either the tires were still too cold for that speed/angle or they simply couldn't handle it since they are a hypersport but geared more for street.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
FWIW a lot of times Oscar (Sol Performance) will be at the track days. The guy has forgotten more about tires than most of us will ever know. If you need help fixing her up, let me know, I'm local!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Guess I didn't come away free from injury. Found out today I have a fractured elbow so there goes my deployment and a 8-12 week heal time. I'm getting a xray on the leg tomorrow cause now I'm worried about that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts