Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the message board and just wanted to ask about finding replacement parts. I had the unfortunate pleasure of dropping my bike after just one month of having it. It fell to the left side at about 40-50 mph, cracked the front headlight housing, left side fearing, scuffed the tank and broke off the left foot peg. everything seems to be straight, i jacked up my hands so i have not ridden it yet, but it starts up and all. Also i scratched up the generator cover and rear clip a little. Just wanted to know if anyone knows a good place in southern cal to get new or used parts so I can put her back together and ride. Also the color of the bike is red if that helps. Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
469 Posts
look on ebay for parts if. There's usually a good amount of parts for sale their. You can try and get plastic parts repaired. Check out www.empiregp.com. Gives you good examples and images on how they've fixed parts on motorcycles.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Yes Ebay is good :D Also check the classifieds area of the forum cause sometime people are flogging parts off their bikes. Good luck at fixing your ride and hope you heal quick.

[:M25]

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
A lot of people part out their bikes in the classified section. As mentioned, eBay is good, as well as classified sections of other sportbike forums. I think sportbikes.ws and sportbikes.net have some good ones.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Check your subframe..it may be slightly twisted. I went down earlier this year at 45 mph and I thought everything was straight too. I took it to my buddy who owns a motorcycle shop and he ended up having to straighten it for me.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the input, im going to find the footrest first so i can ride it down to the shop and make sure everything is straight, as soon as I heal up.

·
Registered
16 Posts
If you want to get body work done Mike Verdugo at catalyst racing composites will make you a new set in trade for your crashed stuff.
He is located in San Marcos. His number is 760 510-9799.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.