Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep! No more ZX10R! It's Gone in peaces on June 11th, 2008 arround 10h30am. The Crash is the result of enjoying a back road S curve with the knee down ... finding out to late that the Exit was covered with sand, Doh! ...No further details are needed!

On my side, I should be able to walk @ Xmast (sic). Live N Learn.

I'll be back on 2 wheels next year... but with the recent changes in tarrification at the licence bureau, My next street bike will be a Naked Bike : Speed Triple !;o)

So Long Kawiforum ... till I purchase a zx to put on the racing track... If I ever Do!

Enjoy Life Kids
S4T

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
"...finding out to late that the Exit was covered with sand..."

Glad you survived it, but you just flew a red flag in front of the bulls from the "all accidents are avoidable" contingent. Don't be surprised if you're second-guessed to death over it by the few that have never crashed yet....and insist they never will. :p

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tks 4 your god words Folks !;o)

Yep TrueFaith! You're right. ! I don't worry about those who never failed and never will, Good 4 them! This time I can take the blame. I know that I've pushed my luck in the pass year and that it was going to happen one day. But Hell did I enjoyed Mr ZX to the last drop LOL. Yep! Should be driving like I was, on that day, on a racing track... Just pupped a bubble for 15 seconds... and thats it! LOL.

Anyway! Enjoy The rest of the season folks !:eek:)

·
Registered
297 Posts
Glad you're alright... The open road is a scary place to lean it over... I'm guilty of it, but I keep it to roads that I'm very familiar with and commute regularly so I know where the sand and whatnot usually is, but even then I've had some scary moments.

Good luck with finding another bike... SHINY SIDE UP!

·
ratherberiding
18,439 Posts
"...finding out to late that the Exit was covered with sand..."

Glad you survived it, but you just flew a red flag in front of the bulls from the "all accidents are avoidable" contingent. Don't be surprised if you're second-guessed to death over it by the few that have never crashed yet....and insist they never will. :p
Can you clarify what you mean? Are you saying his accident was unavoidable?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Joonyaboy! The accident was avoidable. Only had to drive the ZX ''soft and easy'' on a back road that I didn't take often. Should have made a pass before puting the knee down. My fault = Avoidable. We all know that the road can be filled with surprises. I forgot it for 15 seconds and it cut me short lol. Another experience that I'll never forget. Thank God! I wasn't driving faster then my Guardian Angel can fly.

Best
S4T

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Can you clarify what you mean? Are you saying his accident was unavoidable?
No, not at all. It sounds completely avoidable. However, there are some accidents that are not completely avoidable and he sounded so unrepentant about crashing I figured he was inviting himself to be flamed. :rolleyes:

·
ratherberiding
18,439 Posts
Ok, I gotcha. Yeah I agree. I just misinterpreted the post.

See post above yours about his angle on things.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Can you explain the license tarrification thing?
Sure! In the Province of Quebec, The Licence Bureau has different tarifications depending on the type of bike you are licencing. I.E :
- 401cc + Sport (racers & sport bike ) presently pay 667$/year
- 401cc + Regular bike pay 416$/year

http://saaq.gouv.qc.ca/en/vehicle_registration/categories/moto.php

The Licence bureau has what we call a black list ( stating what they consider sport bikes)
http://www.saaq.gouv.qc.ca/contributions_assurance/documentation/liste_moto.pdf

in 2010... it is supposed to go up tu 1050$/year for a sport bike. Not sure it will happen... will see if they go ahead with what they planned !!!

So! we tend to keep our Racers on a track (not plated for street) and we choose bikes that aren't on the black list to save a bit money ... cause licencing is not the only issue ... insurance is as well !;o!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Sure! In the Province of Quebec, The Licence Bureau has different tarifications depending on the type of bike you are licencing. I.E :
- 401cc + Sport (racers & sport bike ) presently pay 667$/year
- 401cc + Regular bike pay 416$/year

http://saaq.gouv.qc.ca/en/vehicle_registration/categories/moto.php

The Licence bureau has what we call a black list ( stating what they consider sport bikes)
http://www.saaq.gouv.qc.ca/contributions_assurance/documentation/liste_moto.pdf

in 2010... it is supposed to go up tu 1050$/year for a sport bike. Not sure it will happen... will see if they go ahead with what they planned !!!

So! we tend to keep our Racers on a track (not plated for street) and we choose bikes that aren't on the black list to save a bit money ... cause licencing is not the only issue ... insurance is as well !;o!

:eek: Thats ridiculous.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts