Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep! No more ZX10R! It's Gone in peaces on June 11th, 2008 arround 10h30am. The Crash is the result of enjoying a back road S curve with the knee down ... finding out to late that the Exit was covered with sand, Doh! ...No further details are needed!

On my side, I should be able to walk @ Xmast (sic). Live N Learn.

I'll be back on 2 wheels next year... but with the recent changes in tarrification at the licence bureau, My next street bike will be a Naked Bike : Speed Triple !;o)

So Long Kawiforum ... till I purchase a zx to put on the racing track... If I ever Do!

Enjoy Life Kids
S4T

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
"...finding out to late that the Exit was covered with sand..."

Glad you survived it, but you just flew a red flag in front of the bulls from the "all accidents are avoidable" contingent. Don't be surprised if you're second-guessed to death over it by the few that have never crashed yet....and insist they never will. :p

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tks 4 your god words Folks !;o)

Yep TrueFaith! You're right. ! I don't worry about those who never failed and never will, Good 4 them! This time I can take the blame. I know that I've pushed my luck in the pass year and that it was going to happen one day. But Hell did I enjoyed Mr ZX to the last drop LOL. Yep! Should be driving like I was, on that day, on a racing track... Just pupped a bubble for 15 seconds... and thats it! LOL.

Anyway! Enjoy The rest of the season folks !:eek:)

·
Registered
297 Posts
Glad you're alright... The open road is a scary place to lean it over... I'm guilty of it, but I keep it to roads that I'm very familiar with and commute regularly so I know where the sand and whatnot usually is, but even then I've had some scary moments.

Good luck with finding another bike... SHINY SIDE UP!

·
ratherberiding
18,438 Posts
"...finding out to late that the Exit was covered with sand..."

Glad you survived it, but you just flew a red flag in front of the bulls from the "all accidents are avoidable" contingent. Don't be surprised if you're second-guessed to death over it by the few that have never crashed yet....and insist they never will. :p
Can you clarify what you mean? Are you saying his accident was unavoidable?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Joonyaboy! The accident was avoidable. Only had to drive the ZX ''soft and easy'' on a back road that I didn't take often. Should have made a pass before puting the knee down. My fault = Avoidable. We all know that the road can be filled with surprises. I forgot it for 15 seconds and it cut me short lol. Another experience that I'll never forget. Thank God! I wasn't driving faster then my Guardian Angel can fly.

Best
S4T

·
ratherberiding
18,438 Posts
Ok, I gotcha. Yeah I agree. I just misinterpreted the post.

See post above yours about his angle on things.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Can you explain the license tarrification thing?
Sure! In the Province of Quebec, The Licence Bureau has different tarifications depending on the type of bike you are licencing. I.E :
- 401cc + Sport (racers & sport bike ) presently pay 667$/year
- 401cc + Regular bike pay 416$/year

http://saaq.gouv.qc.ca/en/vehicle_registration/categories/moto.php

The Licence bureau has what we call a black list ( stating what they consider sport bikes)
http://www.saaq.gouv.qc.ca/contributions_assurance/documentation/liste_moto.pdf

in 2010... it is supposed to go up tu 1050$/year for a sport bike. Not sure it will happen... will see if they go ahead with what they planned !!!

So! we tend to keep our Racers on a track (not plated for street) and we choose bikes that aren't on the black list to save a bit money ... cause licencing is not the only issue ... insurance is as well !;o!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Sure! In the Province of Quebec, The Licence Bureau has different tarifications depending on the type of bike you are licencing. I.E :
- 401cc + Sport (racers & sport bike ) presently pay 667$/year
- 401cc + Regular bike pay 416$/year

http://saaq.gouv.qc.ca/en/vehicle_registration/categories/moto.php

The Licence bureau has what we call a black list ( stating what they consider sport bikes)
http://www.saaq.gouv.qc.ca/contributions_assurance/documentation/liste_moto.pdf

in 2010... it is supposed to go up tu 1050$/year for a sport bike. Not sure it will happen... will see if they go ahead with what they planned !!!

So! we tend to keep our Racers on a track (not plated for street) and we choose bikes that aren't on the black list to save a bit money ... cause licencing is not the only issue ... insurance is as well !;o!

:eek: Thats ridiculous.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.