Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
06 zx6r 636...

ok so I had a small crash going slow around a curve (about 20mph) and cracked the stator cover and some scratches.... at least that's what I thought....

it turns out that my forks are unalligned, after I fix everything I needed to, I went to ride when I realizd the the steering was way crooked... come later to realize the front wheel is wobling a bit...

now I`m not sure what it is, not sure if the rim is bent and or if the forks got unalligned or bent some how...

probably hard to tell from my description but if anyone has any ideas before I take it to the shop I`d appreciate it.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Start by loosening all the bolts for the upper and lower triple clamps and make sure the forks are straight. Once you are satisfied they are straight, re-tighten the bolts to the proper torque spec. Then check the front rim again and see if that is still straight. If it was just a slow lowside crash, I don't imagine the rim would be bent unless the bike hit something like a curb.

·
Premium Member
8,191 Posts
like xtreme said, but don't loosen the top and bottom clamps at the same time :D

I had a similar thing after my crash, the handlebars were pointed slightly right when I was going straight.
I just loosened both upper clampbolts (one on each side, right by the clipons), and then stood in front of my bike, held the tire with my knees, and pulled the handlebars back. Did this a couple times and now it's straight again.

If this hadn't worked, I would have then tightened the top ones up, and moved down to the lower ones.

·
Registered
188 Posts
+1 I've heard of people doing the same thing when their front got a little twisted. If you have a front fork stand you can spin the front wheel and see if it has any wobble.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys for your comments. I ended up taking it to the dealer to have it services. Still waiting for the estimate. I hope they dont hit me over the head with it.

I had tried loosening both top and bottom clamps before i realized the front tire was wobbeling.. then thats where I said "I think im a bit over my head"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.