Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
story - im a proud (or was) owner of a 1996 ZX6R (f2?)

my stator cover had a leak, i took it off, and fixed the hole (from a lay-down)

i am trying to put my bike back together now. i put it all back the way i took it apart, using my manual as a guide.

when i push the start button, all i get is a CLICK. so after a lot of brainstorming i loosen the cover (basically not tightened AT ALL) and when i push the start button the bike starts, but then proceeds to bleed oil everywhere, naturally.

I am completely stumped. the only things i did was remove the connecting gear and shaft, and unbolt the actual stator coil from the housing to weld the cover. i put it all back! i dont get it, and its been three days...

i put the gear in with the flat surface facing out, and the teeth aligned with eachother. am i not supposed to align the teeth (make the starter, crank, and connecting gear mate up)?

im lost. please, someone tell me youve been through this before. my bike never had this issue.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
got it

the ass hat who welded it left a huge hump of aluminum on the inside of the cover. it was rubbing against the big circle thingy (flywheel?) that encircles the stator coil. I noticed a little shiny scratch path and realized what was going on. Maybe typing it out made me think better, lol.

had to grind it down but now everything is dandy!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts