Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some opinions about www.vfxkits.com (definately worth taking a look if you own a 636 or RR!) I want to get rid of that chunky looking plastic and add style to the turn signal system...please give me your input

·
Registered
364 Posts
Ive got the vfx light on my bike, very nice addittion. Its probly one of the best mods on my bike, and i have several mods.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Looks really neat for safty reasons.That should get the cages intention...Does anyone know if there are kits like that for the 98-02 6r's? Thanks

·
Registered
689 Posts
The website lists the price as $299.99 in canadian monsey. How much is that in US dollars???

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
how about the swap out (send in your tailight after you install the new one) save any money / worth it?

·
Registered
364 Posts
your light has to be just like new to use the swap program. mine had a tiny tiny scratch on it so i just kept it. i just bougth one of their complete light set it works great and worth it to me.

·
Registered
364 Posts
PeteyPete,i think it was 279.00 american dollars. its such a nice mod, it really didnt matter what it cost:D You can change the special effects( turn signal, brake light, and specail effect toggle) on the fly, via a toggle switch that is easily mounted on the black plastic cover ( directly below your handle bars). The intial start up just goes through a 8 second display of all the different mods this light can do. The two blue leds really set this light apart, they look very nice at night( i do wish they would give you and option of the color of the two accent bulbs because i think Green would look nice with the RR model).

·
Registered
934 Posts
[V] ...I wish I could get one...

Hmmm, I wonder if I could somehow modify the tail-light so I could install it on my '01... :D

·
Registered
364 Posts
I forgot to mention one of the best things about this light. when you install it, you will have two leftover wires. these two wires come with the new unit for future modifications that VFX is comming out with. After talking with them, I think the modification will be flush mount turn signals for the front of our bikes. woooooooooohoooooooo. The guy at vfx said he was using greggs customs like i have, but as we all know, they kinda look like fried eggs. I cant wait till they come out with flush mounts that will have special efffects like the rear light.

·
Registered
534 Posts
i have gr"eggs" too. has anyone experienced problems with the right one going out? I've met 3 guys that have them, all of them have the right signal out. Mines including...something about the clutch cable pushing down on the pigtail. I'm also very pleased with the vfx kit as well.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.