Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i wastinering with the turbo motor onthe bench when i figured id take the alternator apart and clean it up real nice...

saw something in the vent hole that kinda just looked like a big dead spider or moth.. thought nothing of it, til i took the cover off as saw..

DU DUN DUNNNNNN

this creepy little bastard stuck to the inside of the cover.. i kinda jumped back, making sure it was lifeless..

mind you, its in an alternator, and i live on the east coast. we dont have fucking scorpions here.

satisfied or it being inanimate, i started blowing out the stator, when another, smaller one popped out on the table.

so, ya.. creepy. about the size of a quarter.. real small.. i didn't know they shed, and i'm guessing thats what this was.. wasn't actually bodies..

take that as a word or warning if you're gonna work on your own shit or someone elses' or look before you reach in somewhere.. like to adjust idle or something.
God forbid one of ya guys have a live one of these behind your fuel petcock, under the rear seat, or ya have a damn black widow under your brake master or a rattlesnake inside your airbox or ram-air tube.

thought i'd share some wierd shit.

have fun and be safe homies!!

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
That's funny. Me and my family have always lived in AZ and you pretty much grow up with scorpions around. Tarantula's are around too, I've owned 5 or more of them. I remember one time coming home late to find one in my bedroom, I didn't think she could get out of her tank, I was wrong. I've had really docile ones, that don't mind being held, others that move really fast and will bite your ass. Lots of fun. :)

·
AKA "White Dynamite"
3,935 Posts
I'd shit my pants!

·
Registered
574 Posts
We usually find about a gazillion spiders big and small every time were asked to put a vehicle back onto the road after it was put to the side for a very long time and even found a wasp's nest a few times but no scorpions sofar....then again our garage is in switzerland so its pretty unlikely to find that anytime soon, nice find!

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
exoskeletons; they do shed and so do spiders. It's actually called molting.

funny shit!

·
Registered
28,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ya, this motor i got in payment for assembling a bike for a buddy that was locked up as a "you got out of jail" present. he had some issues with blowing head gaskets, and had a few motors laying around as replacements that he had bought off ebay. i'm gonna guess this was an arizona or new mexico-ish motor.. or nevada.. somewhere around there..

theres was nothing strange in or on this motor when i picked it up from him, and as of now, it's sitting on my build bench waiting for me to order lower comp pistons and other high-boost goodies.. but i figured i'd at least play with what i could in the time i have wand with what i got so far.

ya, that freaked me out, being that i'm not accustomed to actually seeing the little critters.. i'm in the MD/ WV/ PA area.. in that little tri-state zone, so about the only tarantulas and scorpions i've ever seen were in glass tanks at the pet store..lol

had they somehow been filled with a pissed off live version of what left the shells behind in the first place, i think a glass or box or something woulda been coming into play.. lol.. i wouldn't have killed them tho.. thought it was pretty wicked tho.. just freaky how the HELL they got in there in the first place.. and a good thing to remember if i ever work on any bikes on the west coast!!!!

·
Where is hoser??
17,340 Posts
Thanks a lot asshole!! I hate those things!!

Now I am gonna have images of those fuggers in my head all day.

--David

1 - 12 of 12 Posts