Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
997 Posts
They look great and i would be very interested as i've been after an adjustable clutch lever, They are adjustable arn't they??

·
Registered
558 Posts
even after i check out that link rob provided im still a little confused on the whole adjustable lever thing. do they adjust the postion that the lever sits, or is it so that you can adjust the cables while riding?

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
You can use the red adjuster to change the lever position. If you like, you can position the clutch lever closer to the bar. Unlike older ZX-6Rs, the 2003 bike does not allow for that.

You can quickly adjust the lever position with a finger or two from the saddle. On the track, if the brake lever comes to the bar with fade, you can position it further from the bar. If the lever breaks in a drop, it will likely do so at the notch near the tip and allow you to finish the race or limp to the pits.

Adjusting clutch lever or throttle free play are entirely different procedures, for which you should really stop the bike.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Hey, got a quick question... not sure if they changed the levers or not with the 03's, but i've got an 02 6R and was interested in the levers, but i didn't see them on the list? Just the 03's... do they make a set for the 02's, or are they just the same levers? Thanks

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Originally posted by Rob Lee

You can use the red adjuster to change the lever position. If you like, you can position the clutch lever closer to the bar. Unlike older ZX-6Rs, the 2003 bike does not allow for that.

You can quickly adjust the lever position with a finger or two from the saddle. On the track, if the brake lever comes to the bar with fade, you can position it further from the bar. If the lever breaks in a drop, it will likely do so at the notch near the tip and allow you to finish the race or limp to the pits.

Adjusting clutch lever or throttle free play are entirely different procedures, for which you should really stop the bike.
Rob,
I have a '01 6R and the brake lever stays on position 1 which is the most far away from the bar. Do I have to have it as closest, and get it further away whan it gets closer[?]
The bike has been recently in the service, and the brake lever is now further away than I am used to.
Any suggestions on the clutch?

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
There is no best numbered position for the levers.

You can use the numbered adjuster on the stock brake lever to choose a comfortable position. For most riders, the lever will then be between the furthest pair of joints on the index and middle fingers. If brake fade brings the lever closer than you like, you can readjust it.

The 1995 to 1997 bike comes with another numbered adjuster (a horizontal dial) on the stock clutch lever. The 2003 bike does not, and the free play adjuster (a vertical dial) on that bike is not a good choice for ergonomic adjustments. The proper clutch free play on all ZX-6Rs is 2 to 3 mm between the lever and the lever holder.

I am not quite sure if the 2000 to 2002 bike comes with a numbered adjuster on the stock clutch lever. If it does not, you cannot choose a comfortable position for the stock lever. You will need an aftermarket lever for that.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Originally posted by Rob Lee

The 1995 to 1997 bike comes with another numbered adjuster (a horizontal dial) on the stock clutch lever. The 2003 bike does not, and the free play adjuster (a vertical dial) on that bike is not a good choice for ergonomic adjustments. The proper clutch free play on all ZX-6Rs is 2 to 3 mm between the lever and the lever holder.

I am not quite sure if the 2000 to 2002 bike comes with a numbered adjuster on the stock clutch lever. If it does not, you cannot choose a comfortable position for the stock lever. You will need an aftermarket lever for that.
Yeah, at 01' the clutch is having that vertical adjuster which is propably almost the same one as 03', and it's far away from any adjustments during ride. It gives a stepless adjustment but it is something you should stop for adjusting. Thanks for the help. I'll keep the stock ones for now anyway.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.